Chapter 131 Farewell

Zacznij od początku

When he went to their house that day, the image of Qingyan pouring himself tea with his head down was still in his mind.

From the bowl of hot tea, to the hand holding the kettle, and then up, to when the sleeves slid up... Bai Shao shook his head violently to get rid of the picture in his mind.

He grabbed the reins tightly, pinched the horse's belly with both feet, and quickly rushed to the front of the convoy. The wind blew along his face and hair, blowing away the things that had just sprouted in his mind that were not allowed to exist. Clean and tidy.

For the rest of the journey, Bai Shao never looked back.

...

When Jin Dou was three or four months old, Aunt Li's anti-pregnancy mark oil was put on the shelves. At first, the sales were average. After all, the population of the whole town and the village below was only that, and the number of pregnant women and wives was not counted. Few, but those whose families have the means to go shopping in the town will lose some of them, and those who have spare money to buy things other than food will lose another part.

Women or men who love beauty spend most of their money on clothes, jewelry, and ointments. Those who can spend money on the places covered by clothes, except for a few more particular ones, are the wives and husbands of wealthy families.

Even if the price is higher, the profit is really not big.

However, after a woman bought this pregnancy mark oil, she didn't use it up even after her baby was born. Ordinary people wouldn't waste it, so they used the leftover oil as cream to smear their faces.

But who would have thought that this oil would not only not hurt the face, but after applying it for a while, the skin on the face would actually become much whiter, and even the small pimples on the face would disappear quickly.

The woman told the news to her neighbor, who she often chatted with, and the neighbor told her relatives. As it fermented layer by layer, the pregnancy mark oil became a hot commodity.

Aunt Li originally made that batch and didn't plan to make it again. She didn't expect it to happen again. She quickly bought in the raw materials and helped everyone who had time to make new ones and put them on the shelves.

This pregnancy mark oil has unexpectedly become a very stable and lucrative income for Xiangyunfang.

After Jin Dou got a little bigger and his skin and flesh became extremely tender, Aunt Li began to think about making some useful cream for the child to apply on his body.

After I made it, I put some on the shelves and sold well.

Feng Laosan still goes to the capital every month or two to bring back the most popular things for Qingyan.

There are also other stores in the town that imitate the model of Xiangyunfang, and they also ask people to go to the capital to bring goods.

Qingyan has a good eye, and colleagues from time to time go to Xiangyunfang to secretly learn scriptures to see what he has gained.

But the capital was quite far from Liulin Town, so they checked it out before purchasing. After a short time, Qingyan's place was almost sold out.

And even if they and Qingyan purchased the same goods at the same time, Qingyan wouldn't be afraid.

In addition to Feng Laosan, Xiangyunfang also cooperated with the leader named Zheng, the largest merchant in the county, to bring goods back from the south.

The cost of doing this is high, but the clothing and jewelry styles in the store are richer and more inclusive, which few stores in town can do.

This summer, Qingyan's life was more comfortable than in previous years.

In order to attract customers, Xiangyunfang will buy large pieces of ice from the ice cellar in the town every day. At noon, when the sun is at its strongest, they put it in the wooden trough in the middle of the room. When the guests come in to look at things, they feel cool and comfortable. Don't want to go out.

Some don't buy anything, just come here to cool off, and the store doesn't rush people as long as it doesn't delay business.

Qingyan and the others are naturally more comfortable in the store every day.

After Sanyao was busy with spring plowing, he tried to rent a small orchard. There were about 20 fruit trees in it, which was not too many.

He had never taken care of fruit trees before, and he was afraid that he would not be able to recover his capital after investing too much.

This orchard was originally planted by the elderly husband himself. Now that he is in poor health, his children from the county town took over the orchard and rented it out.

Most of the fruits inside are reserved for the family to eat. Two or three trees of one type are planted, and there are seasonal fruits available from midsummer to late autumn.

Sanyao basically picked all the fruits in the orchard and gave them to several close family members.

Throughout the summer, Qingyan ate watermelon, cantaloupe, dates, and apples. His whole body was extremely moist and his face was white and translucent.

...

In autumn, when Jin Dou was nine months old, he fell ill for the first time.

The husband and wife hurriedly sent the child to see a doctor. They got the prescription and the medicine, but it was difficult to feed him.

After taking a sip of the medicine, the golden beans spit out all at once. There were brown medicine stains on the clothes on the small chest.

Seeing the child's face burning red, Qingyan was so anxious that she almost shed tears.

Qiu Henian was also anxious. He added sugar to the concoction, and Jin Dou barely drank a few mouthfuls before vomiting it out again.

Every time they take medicine, it is difficult for the couple.

Fortunately, after two or three days of fever, the fever finally subsided.

When he had a fever, the child was lying on the bed, motionless, and his hands and feet that were always moving were limp on the bed, which made people feel uncomfortable.

After the fever subsided, although Jin Dou still had a runny nose, he felt much better and would stand up for a while holding on to the railing added to the edge of the bed.

Once, while Qingyan was facing away from the bed, secretly adding medicinal juice to Xiao Jindou's honey, she heard a milky voice behind her call out: "Daddy."

Qingyan looked back in disbelief and saw Jin Dou smiling at him with his teeth exposed.

Qingyan walked over and asked in a trembling voice: "Jin Dou, did you call me just now?"

When Jin Dou saw her father coming, she said "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in joy, and laughed so hard that she didn't speak again.

Qingyan thought he heard wrongly, but at night, when he was grinding the fruit puree for Jin Dou in the outer room, Qiu Henian suddenly came out of the inner room with the child in his arms. He couldn't hide the surprise on his face and said: "He wanted to find you just now. Hope He called daddy from the doorway."

Only then did Qingyan realize that he had heard correctly.

He hugged Jin Dou happily and kept teasing him, and then he heard the child cry out very clearly again.

That night, Qingyan fell asleep with her mouth curled up and she was so happy.

By mid-October, Golden Bean will be one year old.

When catching Zhou, he took the abacus that Qingyan usually used to settle accounts.

Aunt Li clapped her hands and said with a smile: "It seems that we have a successor for Xiangyunfang!"

After grabbing the things, Jin Dou ran to his father and gave the abacus to Qingyan like a treasure. Qingyan bent down and kissed his little face. He ran to his father again, and Qiu Henian also kissed him. After kissing him, he smiled happily and narrowed his eyes. He held one little hand aside, holding both his father's and his father's hands, and swayed back and forth.