Prologue

The Sakura Hills Senior High courtyard shimmered with the delicate hues of cherry blossoms, a tapestry woven with laughter and shared memories. In the heart of the bustling festival, Shiro moved through the crowd, chasing shadows of the friendship he once held dear.

Amidst the revelry, he caught sight of Ren standing alone, a silhouette against the vibrant celebration. A pang of guilt gripped Shiro as he realized the toll his newfound connection with Kai had taken on those he left behind. Desperation fueled his steps as he sprinted away, attempting to escape the echoes of fractured bonds.

As the distance grew, Shiro stumbled into the moonlit outskirts of the courtyard. It was there, in the quiet shadows, that he examined his hands, only to discover they were smeared with an ominous darkness. The realization struck like a thunderclap – his once-pure hands were now tainted, a manifestation of the choices that had led him away from Ren.

Haunted by the eerie whispers urging him to sever ties, Shiro's breath caught in his throat. The bloodied hands became a metaphor for the consequences of his transformation, a symbol of the unseen forces at play. The night seemed to close in around him, a surreal backdrop to the unraveling of a once-unbreakable friendship.

As Shiro's breath hitched, the whispers of unsettling uncertainties intensified. The bloody hands became a visceral symbol of a friendship fractured and a transformation irreversible. The haunting question reverberated: What unseen forces had propelled him towards Kai, leaving him with hands tainted by consequences?