Chapter 99 What I saw in the teahouse

Start from the beginning

Her stomach was full and Qingyan felt sorry for Qiu Henian. She got up early in the morning and rubbed his shoulders and back on the bed. They hugged him and kissed him for a while before getting ready to go out.

Qiu Henian took Qingyan to the town on horseback in the morning, and when he came to pick him up in the afternoon, Xiaozao was already in the car.

You could tell the carriage wasn't new, but it had been scrubbed clean.

If it can accommodate four or five adults, it will not be a problem. It can also accommodate the blacksmith shop or the Xiangyun shop.

After Xiangyunfang closed the door that afternoon, Aunt Li and Qingyan all got on the carriage. Qiu Henian drove Hua Ni who lived in the town back first, and then the rest of them walked slowly together. Go to Liuxi Village.

Although she was not in a hurry, she arrived home much earlier than usual. Aunt Li kept sighing that it would be a blessing to go back and forth from now on.

...

The ewe of Lao Wang's family has been ordered, and Qiu Henian went to the county town again that day, hoping to select some good wood and bring it back to prepare a cradle for his child.

Qingyan also went with him and bought cotton cloth and cotton for bedding. After taking it back and washing it and drying it, she could ask Qi Yinglan for help and make a small quilt together.

The wood was easy to choose. After buying it, it was loaded onto the car and fixed. Qiu Henian put the carriage at the inn for safekeeping, so that he could accompany Qingyan to visit the shops slowly.

After buying all the things, when the two of them passed by a teahouse, Qiu Henian asked Qingyan if he wanted to go in and rest for a while. The inn where the carriage was stored had to be walked for a while.

Just now, Qingyan took a look at the shop selling headwear and clothes. After shopping for a long time, she was really tired, so she agreed.

The two found a seat on the first floor of the teahouse and sat down, and asked the waiter to bring them a pot of tea and snacks such as melon seeds, peanuts, and preserved fruits.

There is a stage in this teahouse, and a woman is singing Huanglong Opera at the moment. She has a good voice and a high pitch, which attracts everyone who drinks tea to cheer.

Qingyan was eating melon seeds and looking at the stage. From time to time, he imitated others and shouted "Hello".

On one side of the stage, there was an old man who was completely blind, waiting with an erhu in his hand. Next to him was a middle-aged man in a robe with a long beard, holding an Allegro in his hand, with his eyes half closed. Mumbling something.

Qiu Henian's eyes stayed on those two people for a moment, then quickly retracted, his attention returned to peeling a small pile of peanuts in his hand, and put the shelled peanut kernels into Qingyan's plate. inside.

After a while, the Huanglong Opera ended, the woman came down to the stage, and the blind old man and the middle-aged man with a long beard came on the stage.

The blind old man tried a few notes and quickly and smoothly played a piece of music with a fast rhythm. The eyes of everyone in the audience were attracted as soon as they relaxed.

Immediately afterwards, the middle-aged man played Allegro a few times and began to talk about the book like a bamboo tube pouring beans.

Teahouses generally use storytellers and opera singers to attract customers.

Storytellers like them usually tell long stories, with just a few paragraphs at a time. If the guests become addicted, they have to come back at the same time every other day to continue listening, and the teahouse's business will be stable.