26, sherlock holmes.

Începe de la început

Ellie decides to then glance at the Rosalie, who has her eyes pinpointed on Bellas stomach -- not Bella herself, just her distended bump. She knows Rosalie's concern for Bella is only because of the baby, and when Bella dies, she doubts Rosalie will even care if the creature survives it all.

"Then I'll hold on as long as I can." Bella says, determined, yet she's so weak that her words hardly sound it.

"Bella," Carlisle sighs softly. "there are conditions that sometimes even venom cannot mend." He says, and Ellie thinks back to when she expressed these same worries to Rosalie two weeks ago, when there was still time to take care of it. "I'm sorry." He sympathizes, before turning away from the hospital bed and exiting the office.

Bella looks up at Ellie, and then Rosalie, her eyes glossy with tears. "You guys can go." She says softly.

Ellie slightly tightens her grip on Bellas hand. "Are you sure?"

Bella nods. "Yeah."

Ellie gives her hand one last squeeze before stepping away and leaving the office, Rosalie right behind her. They depart as they split in different directions, Rosalie going to she and Emmetts room, and Ellie goes downstairs, past the living room to the back porch.

As she emerges to the outside, she sighs, feeling so emotionally exhausted; it's draining watching your kid sisters life slowly fade right before your eyes — the sister you want to protect more than anything, and yet you're helpless in this situation.

If she could cry, she'd be sobbing. But the best that happens is her eyes pool with unshed tears made up of venom, never giving her the relief of falling.

She stares at the cloudy sky, the seemingly ever stretching forest, and the mountains in the distant background, attempting to distract her mind from thoughts of her sisters impending end.

HOURS pass, and the Cullens, including Jacob and Ellie, are all gathered around the living room, silence enveloping the whole space

Bella is lying on the couch, with Jacob sitting near her feet, when Bella begins to heave, sitting forward to get closer to the trashcan, but nothing comes out.

"We need to find a way to get food into her system." Esme says tenderly, as Bella settles back into the couch with a soft groan.

Alice sighs. "If only I could see the fetus—"

"Baby." Rosalie corrects.

Alice ignores her, though Jasper glares heatedly at the blonde. "Maybe then I could figure out what it needs."

The Cullens look amongst themselves, each attempting to figure out ways to feed Bella, when Edward speaks.