Chapter 57

Fanfic: Empire Ch 57, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

A/N: I am so so so so sorry it has taken me so long to update this story. I promise I haven't forgotten about it or will I ever forget about it or abandon it. I've had several doctor's appointments, back to back lately, and haven't been feeling well at all. A few years ago I had spinal surgery and had two metal rods put in my back to straighten out my spine because I have SMA Type II, which is a curvature of the spine. I have to get X-Rays and all that jazz every few months, not fun. But, I promise more chapters are coming this week!

Thank you to all those who have read/review/favored/followed and stuck with this story all this time! A huge Caleb takedown is coming soon! *hint**hint**

Enjoy! :)

Chapter 57

Lux's Point of View

Caleb's immature comment towards Eric really pissed me off, if I am being honest with myself. He doesn't even know Eric and he still had the gull to insult him like that. I mean I'm grateful he didn't say it to his face, but he seriously needs to realize we live in the 21st Century, boys and boys and girls and girls is not a big deal now, like it was a long time ago. You can't help who fall for, I fell for Chuck Freaking Bass of all the people residing in New York City, and my heart wants him. No, Lux, you're heart wanted him, as in past tense, as in never wanting him again, I reminded myself.

I caught up with Serena and Blair heading down the West Hall towards the gym department. We all had field hockey this morning after free period. I wasn't looking forward to that at all, although it would be a wonderful stress reliever. All I have to do is picture Chuck's head as the puck. I smirked to myself thinking of smacking that devilish grin that pulls me in right off of his perfect face. Ugh...

"I saw him already this morning, in the center courtyard, and I just froze. How pathetic is that? No, wait. Don't answer that." Serena pouted referring to Dan, running her hands through her sun-kissed blonde hair. I glanced at Blair and held back a laugh as we wondered down the hall together.

I felt for Serena, I really did. She cared about Dan probably as much as I cared about a certain boy who shall not be named. It killed me to see him this morning almost as much as it irritated me.

"Breakups are easy. It's having to see them date someone else that's hard." Blair pointed out, as we continued down the hall. Our heels clicked and clacked on the tile floor as we went. That's one thing I don't know if I could handle, seeing Chuck with another girl. That's why I am so adamant about making things work with Caleb. It would soften the blow.

"Why do you think I rub Caleb in Chuck's face every chance I get?" I piped up, as Serena looped her arm through mine.

"Some twisted version of foreplay." She replied laughing, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I'm surprised you guys haven't had a threesome yet." Blair chimed in wiggling her eyebrows at me, followed by a giggle. I smacked her shoulder and gasped. I never knew what was going to come flying out of her mouth at any moment, which was one of the many reasons I loved her to death.

"I'm ignoring both of you and I hate you in case I haven't said that already!" I chuckled embarrassed, shaking my head. I could feel the heat forming in my cheeks and felt flustered even thinking about what they had conjured up. We all laughed and turned to cut through the center courtyard to make it to the gym quicker.

"The point is whoever dates first, wins. And with your ex being Dan Humphrey, you win by default." Blair informed Serena as we all stopped short, spotting Dan chatting it up with some red haired girl I'd never seen before. She must be the new transfer student Chuck was boasting about this morning.