04

omniscient
| 2 weeks later |
_________________________________

Sekai laid in her bed, watching teen wolf on her 60 inch tv. It had been two weeks since sekai and duke spoke to each other. after their kiss, it immediately got weird between the two.

sekai began questioning why did he have to kiss her? she barely knew him and she was already kissing him. sekai had one relationship before, and it didn't go well. sekai and maeve used to be a trio with a girl named laila last year around february. sekai was currently in a relationship with a boy named terik. he was insecure and manipulative, and to top it off laila was messing around with him.

sekai hadn't been in a relationship in a year now, and she wasn't planning on falling in love anytime soon. all boys do is get your hopes up and obviously duke was a prime example of that.

hearing her phone ring, she huffed getting up to answer it without looking at the caller ID, " Hello" sekai said getting out of her bed and headed towards her bathroom to do her daily routine since it was currently saturday morning. " h-honey please come by i just want to talk" her mother,tasha spoke into the phone hoping she'd see her daughter. " tasha, no what do you want, i told you to leave me alone" sekai scrunched her face up when she heard who called. she didn't even get to have a good childhood.

" p-please we are sorry for neglecting you when you were younger, we were horrible to you and you didnt deserve please give me another-" her mother begun to say before charles, her father grabbed the phone.

" bitch, no she don't mean that shit, i don't give a single fuck about you but as a daughter, you should give us money from that nice ass job you got. i dont regret shit i did to you and i would do it again. but your our daughter your supposed to help us out" he yelled over the phone, sekais heart dropped but not from sadness but anger building up.

" charles?! why would you say that" tasha grabbed the phone. " please baby, he may not mean it but i do , please just meet me somewhere" tasha begged as charles yelling at her and hitting her. " tasha, you can't even bring yourself to leave him! look at the environment your in?! i never want to see you ever again!" sekai yelled through the phone hanging up.

she was tired of her mother trying to make her find sympathy for her when she can't even at least try to make her own life better. her mom followed charles orders every day. if he said touch her inappropriately, she would, if he said beat her, she would. sekai wasn't willing to be put in that position again.

throwing the phone down on the sink, tears rolling down her face as she looked in the mirror, staring at her two scars under her right eyelid, which she usually covers with makeup, hot tears run down her face even more. 10 minutes later, standing up from sitting on the toliet seat, she wipes her tears and decided to check her messages.

2 messages maeve ❤️
14 messages 404-564-7894

ignoring the messages from her mother, she clicked on maeves messages and read them.

maeve ❤️
Bitchhhh get up we going out tonight be ready by 9 ima pick you up we goin to the club tonight one just opened on candler rd and we going so yea

AND YES YOUR GOING SO DONT SAY NO😊

sekai shook her head knowing her bestfriend would be pressing her about this situation until she said yes. grabbing her phone and looking at the time that read 1:00, she decided she would take a nap since she had around 9 hours to wait.