Chapter 7: The Blossoming Love of Gardenias And Honeysuckles

Start from the beginning

By the time he reached the prison Hael's dead body was being taken out of his cell and Arik saw the state he was in at that time.

He noticed the cuts on his slits and also several wounds on his face and body.

Not only their other pup but he too left the world for good. Arik became blank, he didn't know such cruel things happened to Hael.

After conducting the funeral for Hael and his twin pups he came back home without any emotion.

He still remembered how Hael always bugged him to stay home. Every corner of the mansion screamed his presence.

When he was there Arik ignored him but when he was gone he felt the longing like a deep cut inside him.

Arik went to Hael's room to see his things. It was a neat and clean room but was the smallest one in the whole mansion.

He didn't know Hael was living there. Opposite to Arik's imagination, his husband didn't live in luxury nor he was a spoilt young master.

He rummaged through his things and found some small woolen stitched clothes that Hael had woven by hand for their pups and also a scarf that had Arik's name embedded on it.

He also found a set of old dairies that Hael kept from his childhood which were his only possessions.

They had the records of Hael's life from the age of ten to a few days back before the accident.

Arik sat down and started reading from the first dairy.

Reading every sentence Arik's heart throbbed like hell. That was when he got to know how Hael lived all alone without anyone to care for him.

There was a sentence rather a desperate wish at the last page of every dairy.

"I want to have my own family someday so that I won't be lonely anymore."

Tears slipped through Arik's eyes. He read further and saw the entry of his pregnancy and how happy he was to finally have a family of his own.

Then the next pages were filled with grief and worry for their pups as Arik neither marked him nor scented him.

How Hael was worried about the growth of his pups.

That was when Arik understood why Hael was so desperate for him to stay home and give him his scent.

He understood how much of an ass he was. More tears made his way. He couldn't contain them anymore and cried.

Just then his secretary arrived with the autopsy reports of Hael that he submitted before the funeral.

He was shocked to see thirty people's DNA in his body. That only meant he was molested cruelly by those people in the cell and was tortured till the end.

Arik became angrier at himself for being such a useless husband. He couldn't even protect his Omega and pups.

He cried and cried until his tears ran dry and his eyes became void of any emotion.

That was when he remembered something his great-grandfather gave him when he was a kid to use when he was in desperate need and the situation was a life-and-death matter.