𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

They were walking on the same trail that had put meat on earlier, Dustin was telling everyone how and why Dart got bigger, by his skin shedding. Cheryl had a hand on her head, her head was still hurting. She closed her eyes tightly when a sharp pain went through her head "hey are you okay?" Steve looked at her, worry filling his voice "my head is killing me." She sniffled. Steve shined the flashlight to the back of her head, making sure there was no blood on it "well, you aren't bleeding." He informed her "that's good.." she sighed in relief 

The three young children, Dustin, Max and Lucas were all bickering and Cheryl, Steve just watched them both.  "why can't they just shut up?" Cheryl asked herself "do you hear that?" Steve pointed his flashlight in front of him, a sound was heard "yeah, I can a little.." Cheryl walked to the side of Steve, shining her flashlight the same way he was "guys!" Steve yelled loudly, getting the younger kids attention, "come on." Steve led the way.

"I don't see him" Dustin said, it was way too foggy "you mean them?" Cheryl looked over at Dustin, there was more than just Dart. Lucas got out his binoculars to get a closer look "the lab" is the only thing Lucas said,  what's wrong with the lab?"they were going back home.." Lucas lowered his equipment.  "wait, the lab makes those things?" Cheryl asked the boy, he nodded his head. "we need to go there. Now." 

They steadily, slowly walked down the grassy hill, because it was dark, Cheryl tripped on a large gray rock, luckily a pair of hands helped her from injuring herself furthermore. Steve grabbed her waist before should could fall, they stared at each other for some time. She looked down at where his hands were then back up to his eyes "Get a room!" Max yelled at them both when she realized they weren't walking.

"what!?" Cheryl quickly removed his hands from her waist in embarrassment, Lucas started to laugh from Max, she quickly shut him up from grabbing his hat off of his head. "guys! come on!" Dustin was in front of everyone, he was in a hurry to see his creature friend. "That was a close one." Cheryl looked up at Steve "You could've hurt your head again"  he told her "I'm aware of that" she smiled.

They were almost out of the woods "who's there?!" A familiar voice yelled, wanting them to come out of the woods. Cheryl heard the voice before, she just couldn't put a name on it.  "STEVE?!" Both Jonathan and Nancy shouted in confusion when they both saw him walking out of the forest "Cheryl?" Jonathan asked "what are you doing here?!"Nancy questioned Steve, as if she was mad. "What are you doing here?" Steve asked the same question. 

"we're looking for Mike, Will and Penny" Nancy answered, her and Jonathan moved closer to the others "wait Penny?" Cheryl asked, worry filling her voice. "We haven't seen her." Nancy raised her brow "when did you last see her?" She asked the blonde "uh- my parents took her somewhere. I don't know where" her hands were shaking, out of fear that her sister might be the next victim. Steve put his hand on top of hers, trying to calm her down but it didn't work. Cheryl took his hands off of hers and put it in her pockets. 

A loud and horrible screech came from the lab... the creatures were in there. Not just Dart, but his family. Cheryl looked over at the big building, through the window you could see the flashing lights, similar when they defeated the demogoron last year.

They ran to the gate opening thing, in order for them to get access to the lab, they needed the big gate to open. Jonathan rushed inside of it and kept clicking the gate opening button "Jonathan hurry up!!" Cheryl screamed, her head didn't hurt as bad because of the adrenaline that was in her body. "I'm trying! It won't move!" Dustin took over.

A few minutes passed, and the gate started to open "Hey, I got it!" Dustin took all the credit, even though he didn't open it. "let's go" Cheryl tried to run to the lab, but a large hand grabbed her arm, stopping her. "let me go" Cheryl looked at Steve "I can't let you" he shook head "Penny is in there! I need to get her!" she tried to break free, but his grip was too tight. "You don't know that!" He yelled back at her "I do! I know she's there!" 

A small tear ran down her red cheek, her cheek was red from anger and sadness.  Penny may have been annoying, but she was her sister. "I don't want you to get hurt" Steve spoke in a soft tone, his grip loosen as Cheryl started to calm down. 

"get out of the way!" Nancy yelled, two cars were honking their horns, telling them to get in the car. "Get in!" Hopper said when he rolled down the window "come on" Cheryl saw Penny in the back of the car, her head in her hands "Penny!" Cheryl quickly got in the car. Penny's eyes were red, she's been crying. 

"Bob's dead. He's dead!" Penny wrapped her arms around her bigger sister and hid her head, she was heartbroken and scared... so was Cheryl.

A/N 

A few more chapters till act two :)