00. cross my heart

[cross my heart]

[cross my heart]

Roman's eyes focused in on the missing poster that held a picture of his first love. Granted, Alison had broken up with him close to a month before she disappeared but, that didn't suppress the pain he felt in his heart now that she was gone. If you had met him now, playboy, pothead, party boy Roman Hastings, you would never guess that he ever cared so deeply for any girl, especially Alison Dilarentis, the queen bitch of Rosewood.

... but time, and circumstances change people.

Shaking his head, the Hastings boy turned around and headed into Macy's, where he knew his twin sister would be. Spencer was tasked by their parents to improve Roman's wardrobe, and attitude. He was given all of tenth grade to act how he seen fit, and now the family was tired of the shame he was giving the Hastings name.

Of course, his sister did not take this task lightly, having something like this lit a flame under Spencer's ass more than anything did. Roman wondered if people once seen him how he now sees both his sisters, and came to the conclusion it was without a doubt true. He wasn't going back to that, no matter how badly his parents wanted that.

"You know, if I wanted to wear a shirt with a collar, i'd go to private school." He commented slyly as he leaned on the rack his sister was looking through. She let out a scoff, and shook her head with an amused smile.

"You have any better ideas, Ro?" She raised a challenging brow and her smile disappeared as they made eye contact.

"Jesus, you need to relax. Anyone ever tell you to take a chill pill before?" Roman questioned, wiggling his thick brows at his sister.

"I am not taking a page from your book." Spencer replied, taking a sweater in his size down from the rack before pressing it into his chest.

The Hastings twin took it into his hand, pressing it over his heart, "You wound me, Spence." Quite frankly, nothing really ever hurt Roman's feeling anymore but, messing with his sister did indeed make his day.

"Well, well, I cannot believe the Hastings siblings actually have time to shop." Hanna Marin, from Spencers old group of friends approached the twins with a grin on her face. "What's the occasion?"

"Roman here needs a wardrobe change, and we're meeting Melissa's fiancé at dinner tonight." Spencer answered, reminding her brother that he would have to suffer through a family dinner.

Great.

"Changing up your style again? Your clothes went from dorky scholar student to stoner skater boy in a year." Hanna commented, looking the male Hastings twin up and down.

"What can I say, Han? I'm versatile." Roman leaned down slightly. "But if you think I look better like this, maybe I should keep it."

"Gross." Spencer scoffed and hit her brother on the shoulder. "She has a boyfriend, Ro. Go try on your clothes or something."

She began ushering her twin away, the boy caring a sly smile on his face as he walked off in the opposite direction, "Bye, Han!" He yelled as he headed off.

He knew they'd no doubt have a conversation about Ali. On the off chance any of the girls ever talked to each other any more it was about her. Even in death Alison made sure nobody would ever forget her.

Roman sure wouldn't, he knew too much to ever let the blonde slip his mind.

author's note —
here's a little prologue for y'all!
hopefully it let's you get to know Roman a bit before we add in the Harlow factor.

who is your favorite liar in the show?

hope you enjoyed!