Chapter 29

Don't do cocaine kids.

I was lying on my back, watching the clouds when I heard Todoroki's car pull up. All three of my friends rushed towards me, taking a seat on the ground near me when I didn't lift my head to greet them. 

"You gonna tell us what's going on?" Todoroki asked me, his voice uncharacteristically filled with emotion. He'd probably been yelling at Shinsou in the car, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. 

I giggled, bringing a hand to cover my mouth to try and muffle them. 

"Izuku?" Uraraka's worry-filled voice asked. 

I broke into an uncontrollable fit of laughter. I could stop it, or muffle it, or quiet it down. It ripped through my mouth without my knowledge. 

"Are you... are you fucking high right now?" Shinsou asked, his face suddenly appearing in front of me with a scowl present

"As a kite," I said in between my fully-bellied laughter. I sat up on my elbows so I could see the rest of them. Todoroki's face was blank, the kind of blank it went when his dad was yelling at him. 

Uraraka just wore a frown as she looked me over. "What'd you take?" 

I let my head tip back, enjoying the dizzy feeling it gave me. "What I managed to sneak past my mom after she raided my room," I laughed again, finding just about everything funny. 

"Holy shit, you did cocaine again, didn't you?" Todoroki asked me, absolutely dumbfounded by my actions. I fell back on the grass when I couldn't control my laughter enough to hold myself up anymore. 

"That's it, I'm calling Ashido," Uraraka declared, pushing herself to her feet. "You two get him in the car." 

I couldn't care less who she called. My mom was gonna ship me off as soon as I got home anyway. I'd already made peace with that. Everything that happened between now and then, didn't matter to me. Which was why I had planned on hiding out in my friends' hotel room until they left. Then I'd go home and face the music. 

"Buzz kill!" I shouted after her as she walked away, shooting me a stern glare as she went, phone to her ear. 

"This isn't how we deal with our problems, Midoriya," Todoroki had decided to lecture me while Shinsou helped him pull me to my feet. "Not anymore." 

"Why not?" I asked back, looking up at him with a doped-up smile. "It works so well." 

"What about us?" He asked as I was forced towards his car, a scowl on his face. I had gotten him to crack his icy-stone exterior. Oops. "Do you think we like seeing you like this? This almost ruined you a few months ago." 

"Hm," I hummed as I thought about it, leaning back into Shinsou. "I think Hito actually prefers me like this." 

"Is that seriously what you think of me?" Shinsou asked, appalled by the suggestion and pushing me off of him and back to Todoroki. 

"Mhm," I mumbled as the world spun for a second. "I kiss you when I'm like this." 

He just stared at me, absolutely defeated. I laughed again, getting pulled by Todoroki towards the car. I was placed unceremoniously in the back seat, Uraraka joining me a few moments later. The boys were in the front and we were off. The car was full of tense silence. 

"If you're just gonna be dicks about it, I'll go home and wait for my mom," I grumbled, trying my hardest to stuff down my laughter that was begging to come back. 

"We're going back to the hotel," Todoroki said shortly. "You're going to drink your weight in water and then you're gonna sleep it off. You can make your own decision when you're sober again."