CHAPTER TWO

Kalina was what you would call independent. At the young age of 8, she began checking out library books herself, which she might add, was a big deal.

When she was 11, she did her own hair. She had these wild curls that were impossible to tame and straighten, but she got the job done.

When she was 14, she learned how to drive. Of course, it wasn't successful, but she learned how to drive. Her parents were horrified to discover the bumper of the car had completely fallen apart. Her butt was sore after that day.

When she was 16, she enrolled in dual enrollment classes to graduate earlier and take control of her career. Well, that was originally the plan.

So when she moved out at the age of 17, it wasn't a shock to her parents. She was independent and couldn't bare to burden her parents any longer. She moved in with Andrei.

'Moved in' being the operative word. You see, Andrei's lifestyle was slightly off from Kali's ideal situation. He was reckless. The carelessness he seemed to give intrigued her and soon she fell into step with it.

He wasn't fond of permanent situations. He was nomadic and where ever they wanted to go, they would go. The source of income for them was all over the place; she could be caught conning oblivious men to stripping at the local club. Andrei sold drugs occasionally but the rest was a mystery to her. At the age of 20, they were as carefree, adventurous, and happy as they could ever be.

I guess you could diagnose them with a mild case of wanderlust.

The digital clock on the nightstand said it was currently 7:34. Kali let out a loud belch and stretched under the duvet. Her boyfriend stuffed his face in between her breasts and she giggled.

"Pig," she rolled her eyes.

They had spent the entire day doing nothing and she was beginning to regret it. She wanted her last night in Dallas bombarded with mud wrestling and bull riding. She scrunched her nose at the thought of mud wrestling. She would only watch, not participate in it herself.

She played with the messy curls on her boyfriend's head as she thought of plans for the rest of the night. Dallas looked as lively as ever through the large windows overlooking the city. She wasn't really fond of the southern cities, but she gave Dallas a shot nonetheless.

They went roller skating the other day and she was sure Andrei only enjoyed it due to the fact that he had his crotch all over her behind the entire time. She breathed out a laugh at that, causing the man drooling over her boobs to groan.

"I know those things are comfy, but shit, you can't live in there," she moved to sit up as Andrei glared at her with tired eyes.

"Who says I can't?" he raised his brows and just when she was about to retort he tugged her back down on the bed, resting his head in between her breasts once again.

She laughed when he started blowing raspberries against her skin. "Ew, your spit is literally everywhere!"

She shoved him aside and sat up once again. "Come on, let's do something."

She got up from the bed and stepped into a pile of dirty clothes scattered around the bed. They really never knew how to clean up after themselves. She sighed and headed towards the window, staring down at the little people unknowing to her wandering eyes.

"Andrei," she called. "Andrei?"

She turned to look over her shoulder and saw that he was fast asleep. She shook her head and went over to the mini fridge across their bed. Grabbing an opened bottle of seemingly expensive champagne, she walked over to his sleeping form.