The Roadtrip!

Chapter Forty-three

The Roadtrip!

The radio stations were terrible. Literally not even one music station here, they were either middle-aged men talking about the football scores of football teams I'd never once heard of, or hours upon hours of adverts nothing else. So that scratched my perfect music playlist from the Roadtrip handbook.

Nathan didn't seem to mind much though, to be honest I think he preferred the silence or better talking. God forbid talking.

I'm kidding really. He just asks a lot of questions that's all. About my parents, about my childhood. He's curious about my grandfather which usually I love talking about my grandad to anyone but with him being so apposed to Vampires it wouldn't feel right him living in the memories of one. I already feel guilty enough.

We were coming up to a patrol station and as Nathan had informed me earlier it would be a while before we hit any type of town so I told him to pull into it. When a girl needs to go get road trip snacks ... She needs to go.

"Don't be long" Nathan said as he filled up his car tank.

I gave him look that I hope said 'I'll take as long as I damn well please"

The patrol station was fairly well stocked and I admired the display of snacks for a hefty amount of time. All this variety from sour skittles to normal skittles, Reece's peanut butter cups. Some fizzy pop lined the inside of the drinks cooling cabinets and I smiled I was home.

"Are you actually going to buy anything or you just gonna stand there?" I turned at the voice from behind the counter, the middle aged woman raised an eyebrow and I smiled.

I decided to get everything that caught my fancy, and that's a lot of things. But considering I had snuck out some money of Nathan's wallet when he wasn't looking, we totally had enough to cover it.

"I sure hope this isn't all for you" The lady gave me a disproving look as she scanned the items through.

"Oh no, you see my brother Kevin out there?" I pointed into the parking space where Nathan sat in the car watching us- the lady didn't look "he has an eating disorder, seriously I've tried to help but he just keep eating. So I'm helping him get him the food it's the only thing that doesn't make him crazy"

She blinked slowly unimpressed with my little story "that will be 28.99"

I handed her Nathan's money with a pleasant smile and grabbed my bags of the counter.

"What was that about?" Nathan asked as he eyed up my many bags of snacks and helped me put them into the back seat.

"What do you mean?" I asked stretching across the front seat to the back searching for my skittles in the numerous bags of snacks.

"Uh I mean why did you point me out?" His head was turned and I could feel his gaze watching what I was doing.

"Just having a friendly chat with the staff" I shrugged flipping back to front seat skittles retrieved.

"Is that all it was huh?" Nathan didn't look impressed before glancing behind us "and by the way what is all this stuff?"

I ripped the skittle packed open with my teeth mumbling "you should know you payed for it"

"I what?" He looked confused but then only smiled "you stole money from my wallet?"

"You shouldn't look so happy it's just encouraging me to do it again" but actually it wasn't, why would he be happy about me stealing from him I thought he'd be mad and give me that raging hot look of anger that makes me weak at knees and makes me want him naked in bed- um Anyway!