Exist to Exhaust (indirect to my maths teacher.)

*if light violence scares or triggers you please be wary. I don't want anything to have a negative impact on you because I love every single one of you. I'm being deathly serious, listen to a nice song like Best Friends by FIATC if you feel sad. This is genuine advice, it is the cutest video. -M x *

ALAN'S POV

Today has been a confusing day. Things I found out:
-I hate Aaron.
-I like Austin more than Aaron
-Austin might like me,

Things I didn't find out:
-If Austin would ask me out.
-If Aaron was ever gonna be a good friend.

Three more days.
Then the weekend.
Then five more days.
Then the weekend.
Continue till the end of the year.

I did wonder about Austin. He hadn't ever had a girlfriend or a boyfriend or a nonbinaryfriend. That doesn't define his sexuality though. If he asked me out I don't know if if say yes, I might. Depends what he suggests. I'm not going to a football game.
Or a bowling alley.

But I don't know. I'm going to humour him. Even though I act like a little girl I'm not gonna just act like I'm head-over-heels for him before he asks me out. That's not how the world works.
You can crush but you can't fall in love with a face you can't match a personality to.

5th-period-the-next-day:

I hate maths class.
I do have Aaron though.
We sat up the back gossiping.
About.
Voldemort.
Or at least you-know-who.

Forget my pretentious speech yesterday I was a little girl.

The bell rang, and I went to leave the class, eager to get home.

Aaron had run to his locker, his grandmother had come down from her home to see him and his family. I was left to gather my things. I had my eyes on my drawings, I mean very important notes.
Someone lent forward, I saw there shadow quickly before I didn't see anything. The bastard had punched me in the eyes.

"WHAT THE FUCK?"
"Who's the boy?"
"What?"
"The one who might ask you out."

Sh*t. David had over heard me and Aaron talking about whether Austin would ask me out or whatever. Of course he'd heard. Like he'd pay attention in class when there were fags that need to be sorted out.

"No one. He's at another school."
"Name?"
I paused. Mistake.
"I'm gonna beat it out of you."

Before I could respond he punched me in the gut so I doubled over. He kicked my knees so my legs gave in and I fell. They kicked me till I thought my ribs would break.

I haven't a clue how long I was on the ground. Soon the kicks slowed into a struggling rhythm, like they were running out of energy.

I wanted someone to show up, but considering not to was after school in an isolated room I doubted it. Not even Austin would come to stand up for me.

Well aren't I pessimistic.

Soon the kicking stopped and I was able to get back on my feet.

"Tomorrow you better spill fag."
They left. I cradled my chest and followed, but took a different turn.
So Austin didn't step in. I guess I was a little girl fantasising about her crush saving her from her 'demons.'

New flash Alan. No one's going to kiss your bruises.

I went to cross the road but some ken called my name.
My last name.
Austin.

Maybe I was being too harsh on the world and that hoping for a friend didn't mean I was being unrealistic.

"Hey Austin."
"So I was talking to Aaron Pauley yesterday."
"Every word that clime sour of his mouth is bullsh*t."
"Really? Cause he said you were a good guy with bad morals."
"True."
"Well I happen to disagree."
"To each their own."
"So, are you okay?"
"Well I had maths last period but as mentally draining that is I'd say I'm quite alright."
"No I mean, did they hurt you again?"
"No."
"Really, cause you didn't have this bruise this morning."