Chapter 96 - I can't say no

Zacznij od początku

"Mmm professor, i would be happy to remind you that we are in the university parking lot" i say, tilting my head back to give her access to my neck.
"Well, that makes everything more exciting" she says, gasping as she explores my skin.
"I know, but please try to be a good girl, okay?" i ask, feeling her touch ignite a fire within me.
"I thought we were supposed to celebrate" she whispers, brushing her wet lips against my jaw.
"Y-yeah, but not here babe" i stammer as i feel her hand moving between my legs.
She sighs, quickly composes herself, fixing her hair and wiping her lips with her thumb in a slow, sensual motion that sends shivers down my spine. Her cheeks are flushed, her hair tousled, emphasizing her emerald green eyes even more.
She turns to me, biting her lip in a smirk.
"Fine, so will you at least let me take you out to lunch and finish my little job at home?" she asks, a dimple appearing on the side of her mouth.
"Fine, as long as it's a quick lunch because i can't resist you anymore" i whisper, and she smiles, biting the inside of her cheek before settling down and starting the car.
"Wait, i'll text my mom and the girls to tell them not to wait for me" i say, grabbing my backpack to retrieve my phone.
"Anyway, they decided to organize a party to celebrate at Emma's house" i explain as I rummage through my backpack.
"That's perfect, you deserve it honey" she tells me genuinely.
"Well, i agr—shit!" i exclaim suddenly.
"What? What's going on?" Lizzie asks, panicking.
"I forgot my flash drive in the classroom. I have to go get it" i say.
"Come on, go, I'll wait you here" she says, giving me a kiss on the cheek
"I'll be quick, i promise" i say, running out of her car

I dash through the corridors, reaching the classroom door and knocking to ensure it's empty.
Receiving no response, i enter, frantically searching for my flash drive but it's nowhere to be found.
Just as i'm about to leave and ask around, i find the last person i'd want to see right now leaning against the doorframe.
"Were you looking for this, sweetheart?" she asks rhetorically, a smug smile playing on her lips as she holds up my flash drive between her fingers.
"Thanks Becky, I was just looking for it" i say, attempting to retrieve my flash drive, but she hides it behind her back and closes the door, trapping me inside with her.
"Oh relax y/n, aren't you in a hurry right?" she says, starting to play with my shirt.
"Actually, yes, i have to-"
"Well, whatever you're supposed to do is now off the table" she interrupts me, her tone dripping with manipulation.
"What the hell do you want, Becky?" i ask, gritting my teeth to keep calm.
"Well, - I need a little favor. If i remember correctly, you haven't returned it yet" she says, stroking my arm.
"After everything you've done, a favor from me is the last thing you should hope for" i retort, attempting once more to retrieve the flash drive, but she blocks me again.
"Oh, y/n, don't be so grumpy with me. After all, i still know a little secret of yours, right? You know, the graduation ceremony is in a few days, and certain rumors would be quick to spread until then. I don't think you and Miss Olsen—oh sorry, i mean Lizzie—want to be in an awkward situation, did you?" she asks, her threat unmistakable.
"I promised you that i wouldn't say anything to anyone, but i also told you that you would have to do me a favor in return, and this moment has come" she adds, her tone laced with malice.
I sigh heavily, resigning myself to the situation.
As much as i hate to admit it, she has me under her thumb, and i can't risk everyone finding out about
my relationship with Lizzie before graduation day,
it would jeopardize everything.
"What do you want from me?" i ask her resignedly.
"Good girl, that's the y/n I like" she states with a grin, caressing my cheek.
"There will be a party tonight, you know, to celebrate our graduation, and apparently, there will be important people there. You will come with me and pretend to be my girlfriend. I can't show up single and have you, who has been talked about so much after your accident, it will make people talk a lot about me too" she explains, with her self-absorption and arrogance evident.

"Becky, you know i can't" i point out.
"Oh, i think you can do it very well. So, you'll wear something nice and come pick me up on your motorbike. And don't ruin the plan, y/n, you've been warned" she says, handing me the flash drive.
"I'm faithful to my promises. Don't make me change my mind" she warns, leaving me no choice but to accept this absurdity without being able to reply, knowing i'd risk everything if i did.
"I'll send you my address oh and- don't say anything to Lizzie. She's a bit of a psychopath, and i'm sure she would ruin our night" she adds, spitting venom like a viper.
"Take her name out of your mouth Becky" i clench my fists and jaw, fighting the urge to explode in fury.
"Oh sorry sweetheart, i didn't mean to offend your girlfriend" she says sneering, walking away.
I sigh, shaking my head and unsure of what to do.
I don't want to lie to Lizzie, but i know her, and i know she'd be upset if she found out.
I have to protect our relationship, even if it means having to lie to her.

Leaving the university, i return to her car, pondering an excuse as i approach.
With a heavy sigh, I slide into the car where she's waiting for me.
"Found it?" she asks, and i nod without meeting her gaze.
"Everything okay?" she inquires, reaching out an arm toward me and stroking my hair.
"Yeah, that's it-i don't know how to tell you because i don't want to make you upset" i start, hesitating.
"Honey please, just spit it out. What's wrong?" she asks politely, concern evident in her voice.
"Here-i know you wanted to spend all day with me to celebrate my graduation, but here-" i falter, unsure of what excuse to come up with.
"What's the problem?" she adds, her brow furrowing in worry.
"Cassie reminded me that she had organized an evening just for the two of us, you know, to celebrate this moment together and-"
"Hey, it's okay, don't worry" she assures me, holding my face gently to redirect my gaze to hers.
"She's your best friend, and you two have been waiting for this moment for years. It's right that you celebrate this day with her. We'll have time to be together and celebrate you in our own way, okay? Don't worry, i'm not angry. I could never be angry with you, silly girl" she says with a soft smile before gently pressing her lips to mine and blowing a sweet kiss.
I want to burst into tears at the thought of lying to her.
If she only knew that it was all a lie.
The weight on my chest feels heavy, and i feel dirty at the idea of spending the night with another person.
It feels like i'm cheating on her, and I hate it all.
But i'm doing it for us, to preserve everything that is contained in this kiss.
"I love you idiot" she blows lightly on my lips
"I love you too" i whisper and swallowing the remorse of what i will have to do, clinging to the hope that all this will endure despite the lies.

....................................................................................
A/N:
I'm baaaaaaaaaack!🙆🏻‍♀️

You missed me?
you should probably hate me because I always left you and I know it but unfortunately there are priorities that i have to put first.
Know that I care so much about this story and that's why I want to bring it to the end and make a sequel and I hope that there are still many people who still want to read this story and who love it as much as I love writing it.
I wanted to thank everyone who supports me even when I'm away and who continues to support this book.
I promise that I will do everything I can to end this book in the best possible way.

Btw what do you think of this chapter and what do you think will happen in the next one?
I miss reading your opinions

See you in the next chapter
Love y'll🤍