"Oh, come on," Joshua smirked, tracing his fingers over a pen, "You can't keep torturing me. It's been...months."

Penelope tapped her fingers on the crime reports, "And? We live in New York, I'm sure you can get a fair share somewhere else. It's a big area. I'm surprised you haven't already."

"Not if the fair share is the most powerful witch on the planet," Joshua sighed dramatically, "Has a British accent, mesmerizing soft skin, and has this amazing source of—"

"Well, I'm busy," Penelope said bluntly, "Just like these crime rates. Perhaps, if you actually helped me since we're tasked as work partners, we can celebrate early."

Joshua leaned his head over his wooden desk, closing his eyes and ignoring the real problem, "And she's so bloody smart. That's how you say it in Europe, right, bloody?" He mimicked an accent.

Penelope blinked twice at the American man and shifted her eyes back to the hard work.

Penelope Silverthorn did have feelings, once. Not that she was completely off the pedestal for a love life, but as you grow older and with such an overwhelming job that nobody gets in the world, settling was the least in her mind, let alone, growing to love someone again.

Love did exist for her. Once.

Regret too, but she tries not to think about it — hence, losing herself to American men who always end up never leaving her alone for the last 8 years of her life.

"You are so Horned Serpent." Joshua snickered.

"Pardon me?"

"Oh, right," Joshua chuckled, "You're from Hogwarts," he thought to himself, "In Ilvermory, is the house of...Slytherin."

Penelope blinked again, "Maybe, because it's my house?"

Joshua rolled his eyes at the serious woman and sighed, "You're no fun when you're not in the mood. What do you think my Hogwarts house would've been?"

"Josh, I really don't have the time to—"

The voices cut short when a knock echoed through the office door and in a few seconds, Penelope shuffled in her seat, adjusting her posture well along with Joshua Rogers.

The President of MACUSA, Emily Rappaport, entered the office with calmness, her hands together as she observed the room and grew a hard smile at both adults.

"Ah, my most powerful duo in the Congress." President Rappaport said with ease, "How's everything holding up?"

The president specifically kept her eyes on Penelope Silverthorn. She always did. Without Penelope, North America would've been at stake. They needed her.

Penelope cleared her throat, reopening her documents and shrugging, "I was just reflecting on case number 1269."

"Hm, is that the Shadow one?" President Rappaport asked.

"Yes, ma'am." Penelope answered.

It wasn't a surprise the president memorized the cases by heart. She was president for a reason, and Penelope always wondered if she'll ever get to that point to always control everything at once. It seemed interesting but miserable.

"Seems like a hard case, don't you think, Mister Rogers?" President Rappaport turned to the handsome man across.

Joshua Rogers adjusted his tie as he cleared his throat and set his hands together, "Hm, definitely, but do not worry, President. I'm sure with your two favorite powerful Aurors we can—"