How You Met

~Haruka~

You were bored, thinking of what to do to spend your last days of summer before school starts. You decided to go to the nearby beach just a few blocks away from your house.

As you were strolling down the coastline, picking up a lot of seashells of distinct shapes and sizes, you felt a sharp quick breeze past by your face, which made you lose your balance and drop all the shells you collected. You shattered into pieces, as the debris cover your hard work. You gasped and quickly stood up to complain. "Oi, you! Get back here!!" However, you froze when you saw the man with black hair ran to the water and dove in such a beautiful form... and his triceps. Such perfect triceps.

"Wow..." you said, eyes sparkling. "He reminds me of... a dolphin... I wish I could swim as graceful as him..." You sat beside a tree and watched the man swim from afar with your trusty binoculars. It's not really stalking, isn't it?

~Makoto~

Your parents asked you a favor to bring your little brother to the local swimming club in Iwatobi for children like him so he could learn how to swim. On the way, his annoying whines seemed to go on forever. "Swimming is so not fun, onee-chan~!! I want a popsicle! I wanna go home and watch Puella Magi!!" Your eyes quickly locked on his, dark purple aura forming around you. "That anime is for girls, Dai-chan. Didn't you dream of being a Survey Corp soldier when you grow up? What do you think the future you would say to yourself right now, hmmm?" He gulped and slapped himself with his tiny hands. "Gomenasai, onee-chan..!" He wailed, so you carried him behind your back to stop him.

When you entered the Iwatobi SC's pool after what seemed like hours of convincing your brother to change to his trunks, you encountered a tall green-haired man who seemed to be the coach. You watched him crouch down and smile at the little kids, putting on their head caps and goggles for each of them. Suddenly, you were interrupted by the sound of a blond old looking guy scratching his beard. You yelped and turned around. He grinned and pointed at the gentle giant. "He's Tachibana Makoto, the new part-time coach of the swim club. Pretty interesting to watch don't you think?"

"I'm gonna get that Tachi-booty..." you mumbled to yourself.

"What?"

"Nothing."

~Rin~

It was your last day having a vacation in Australia. While scrolling through the photos you took, there were only a few good shots; the rest were either blurry, or was taken in a wrong angle. And so, you put on your sandals and grabbed your camera for the final round of picture-taking.

You snapped some photos of the famous landmarks in Sydney, like their Aquatic Center, ANZ Stadium, but most especially the Bondi beach, since you were fond of the ocean's nice blue color that matches the clear sky. With that adored, you completely filled up all the memory card's space in just minutes. Now you had one more picture to take. You decided to shoot it on top of the rocky slope, since the view seemed the best.

There was nothing really to hang onto except for a worn-out fence. You positioned yourself with an excited grin, placing your index finger above the button. All of a sudden, the wood broke and your foot slipped. For an instant you thought it was the end of your life until someone strong grasped your wrist tightly and pulled you back to the pavement. You turned your head and saw a maroon-haired guy with amazingly sharp teeth. "Are you okay?" he asked.

~Nagisa~

As a local customer of your favorite bakery, you always make sure to drop by the shop and taste their delicious newly-created treats. One day, they were selling this jumbo-sized penguin-shaped anpan with whipped cream, sweet blackberry jam and rich marmalade coated with chocolate fudge and sprinkled with the finest sugary powder. As usual, you were the first to get this tasty-looking bread. The owner allowed you to get it for free, but you insisted by leaving a tip.

You sat down on a nearby bench, unwrapping the plastic with sparkly eyes. You licked your lips and said, "Itadakimasu~!" then munched the head off first. "Mmm~! Delicious~!"

"Waah--!" you heard an energetic voice from behind. "Is that a penguin-shaped anpan? Where'd you buy it? It's kawaii!!"

You turned your head around and looked up to see a blond boy with his delighted pink eyes gazing at yours. You blushed when you realized that your noses were almost touching. "Y-Yes. I bought it over there at the l-local bakery..." You pointed at the store with a pastel-colored design.

"Ah! Arigato ne!" With that, he skipped away.

~Rei~

Finding the next volume of your favorite manga was difficult to find in your local bookstore, since it was published from the other side of Japan. As you were scrolling through the last few shelves, you began to lose hope. Just then, you surprisingly spotted the last one at the very end of the rack. Gasping in delight, you quickly snatched the book but apparently was tugged back by another hand from the other side. You raised a brow. In the empty space of the shelf above, you could see half of the guy's face across; he pushed up his red glasses. From your view, his eyes said "go away", but yours said "war". The two of you started to yank the manga back and forth fiercely, seeming like there was no end.

"U-Um, excuse me, but there's another book of that volume beside it," one of the employees from the shop butted in, grabbing another copy and handing it to you. You blinked. "O-Oh, I'm sorry," you bowed to the lady. You let go of the now wrinkled up manga to the blue-haired man and wrapped the new one in your arms, giggling. But the two of your eyes met once more, you shrugged and both said in sync, "Tch."