we take a zebra to Vegas

Começar do início

We already explained what happened to Annabeth on the way back. She gave me a tight hug after, then punched Percy in the gut for letting him do what he did.

We walked back into the stupid restaurant. I was holding my father's stupid shield. Percy and Annabeth were behind me.

Grover and Ares looked at us. Ares looking a bit disappointed.

We all walked over to him. I set the shield right in-front of Ares. "Happy?" I asked.
Grover glanced at the god sitting across from him. Ares put on a smile. Eyeing Percy, Annabeth, and me.

"Where's our ride?" Percy asked.

• • •

Ares stood outside next to a truck. The four of us walked to him. "You're kidding." Percy said.

My father snapped his fingers and the back of the truck opened. "Get in, don't, I really don't care. But in a few hours this thing is gonna be at the Lotus Casino in Vegas. Hermes hangs out there. You play your cards right and his personal driver can get you to L.A. in minutes." Ares brought a bag out and tossed it to Percy.

"Here. Clothes. Cash. Drachmas to summon Hermes. I'd wish you luck but what good would it do you?"

"We're not gonna fail." Percy said, he began walking to Ares. Maybe Percy wants a death wish. I won't attend his funeral.

"Don't worry. Your dad had plenty of kids he stopped caring about once he lost interest. You'll have lots of company."

"We're not gonna fail, I'm getting pretty tired of you saying it."
"Percy-" Grover butted in.

"You think you know who I am but you don't. And if you aren't careful... you're gonna find out." After Percy was done with his horrible speech. Grover and Annabeth jogged towards him.

I just walked.

"Percy.." Grover shoved the bag to Percy. "So, thank you for the emotional abuse and the cheeseburgers. And the ride, we're gonna take you up on that too." Grover said. Ares and Percy broke their staring contest.

I was following everyone into the van when I got pulled back by my jacket. "I told you I have word to pick with you." My father said. I sighed and looked up at him.

"First of all, you're annoying. More annoying than your mother."

"Wow, that gives me a lot of confidence." I rolled my eyes.

" 'K punk, listen here. You know how you lost your spear on the Arch?"
I nodded. My father reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring. And put into my hands.

I stared at it. Raising a brow at it.
"This is literally the same thing. It's literally my old ring that I lost."

"Press the button."

"Dad this is literally the same ring I'm not pressing a button-"

"Just press the button punk."
"Okay."

I pressed the button and the 'ring' turned into a spear. It was really pretty. The color was silver. Way different than my other one.

"Okayyyyy, I could get used to this." I tossed it around in my hands. Soon spotting a button. Which I guessing turned back into a ring.

I pressed it and the ring landed into my palm. I slipped it onto my finger.
I looked up at my father which was grinning. "Wipe that stupid grin off your face. It gives you wrinkles,"

I started walking to the truck. "You're welcome." Ares shouted.

"You're still the worst dad ever." I said. And stepped into the truck. It was so dirty. "Can we get something to sit on? It's so dirty in here." I said.