Best Friend of the Dead

Start from the beginning

.
..
...

Y/n hums as she reads a fashion magazine while Akira gargled and rinsed his mouth, having just finished brushing his teeth,"Hmm..." the man hums as he rubs the stubbles on his chin,"What's up, Aki? Something bothering you?" y/n asks as she looks up from her magazine,"Now that I finally quit my job, I'm free to grow any kind of beard I want. Don't tell me I'm stuck with this." Akira says with disappointment as y/n stood in the doorway, having just gotten up.

"Hm, I can't tell if it suits you or just makes you look like a hobo." she hums with a hand on her chin,"There's gotta be a cool way to make it look fuller, right?" Akira asks and y/n grabs a washable marker from the side and hands it over to Akira, who uncapped it and starts to mark his face as a mean to make it seem like he grew a full beard.

Y/n cringe at the end product,"Yeah, no. The stubbles suited you more." she says as Akira also deadpans at his look,"Ugh, nevermind. I'm good. Time to shave." he says as he crosses off number ten of his to-do list.

10. GROW A COOL BEARD

"Anyways, I'll be right back. I'm gonna check if I can finish fixing the damn internet." y/n announces as she grabs a small bag of tools that she had gotten the other day before heading up to the roof via climbing the pipe,"Okay, just be careful." Akira tells her as he starts to wash his face.

She had snuck into at least ten or so apartments to grab some Wi-Fi rooters to use in order to fix and increase the speed of the internet,"Okay, wire it like this and set the antenna up here, and..." with a flick of her finger, y/n immediately feels her phone buzzing as the rooter turns on,"And we got internet, baby!" she cheers before packing up her stuff and checks her phone.

Her breath shudders when she saw multiple missed calls and messages from her friends, especially the ones from the Host Club.

Shou

'Hey, what happened? Why aren't you picking up!?'

'Oh shit, there are zombies! Y/n, can you get to Shinjuku!? Y/n!?'

'It's been a few days now. Internet is down and so is communications. I don't even know why I'm still texting your number. I just hope, you're alive.'

'We've boarded up the club and have a few survivors. We're doing our best to survive here, but I'm losing my men day by day. I'm worried.'

'Kaito and Haruki miss you. Please y/n, please be alive. I miss you.'

Haruki

'Y/n! We're all getting worried right now! All of us are trying to contact you! Answer your damn phone!'

'Hurry up and answer damn it...'

'Are you there? Are you even still alive? Please, say the worst hasn't happened.'

'Kaito broke his phone. Idiot sat on it.'

'Why am I still texting this number like Shou? Maybe it just brings me a sense of comfort.'

'We miss you.'

Kaito

'Y/n, there's a zombie apocalypse happening right now! Get your butt over to Shinjuku, now!'

'Hey, answer your phone! Y/n!'

'The zombies are coming at the club! We're doing the best we can to defend it!'

"Kaito's messages stop here. Guess he broke his phone then." y/n mumbles, her brows furrowed as she goes to her contacts, swiping down until she spots Shou's name. With a shaky breath, she presses the call button and let's it ring, hoping for the best outcome. With the second ring, the call was picked up and a shaky breath is heard.