8 January, 2024

Dear Sable,

This is awful! I wish there was something I could do! I must say, as much as I hate to see you become Snow's sweetheart, I much rather that than the alternative. No one but the Peacekeepers really know what happens to those given red rose. Some are never seen again. Just be yourself, my dear, as we've seen in Lucy Gray that Snow is fond of the peculiar, but don't be too hostile. You must win. I have been watching since the day I received your letter, and it seems as if you have the best odds. You did wonderfully on the interview, answering questions in a vague but satisfying manners. And you looked absolutely gorgeous—I know you hate them, but the Capitol stylists did a wonderful job dressing you up. I'm sure Flynn will understand, I don't see why he shouldn't. Once all of this is through, spend time with him and explain things, DON'T LOSE HOPE. That is what destroys people. Keep me updated. Oh, did I tell you, Cillian got into an argument with his girl, Hyssop the other day. And he off-handedly mentioned to me that he wished he could bring flowers to someone more deserving. I know I shouldn't be pleased at their row, but it will be nice to get him back to myself if they separate. I do so miss his company, he's my only friend in 13, and we don't get to spend as much time together since he started dating Hyssop. I wish you the best, hoping that you win Snow's heart as I'm sure you've already won the people's. Keep me posted.

Luck and Love,

Gillenia