"Mom?" She asked, half-asleep, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Wynter noticed this and held her elbow to stop her.

"Don't rub your eyes." She said quietly, not sure if the others heard.

When Andrea didn't answer, Taylor just went back to her previous position, her head on Wynter's shoulder and her arms around the neck.

"What's up with people from my childhood not recognizing me." Wynter frowned playfully, feigning hurt. On the corner of her eye, she could see their friends taking pictures of them. Her group wasn't even trying to hide it, especially Leo and Mav.

"You look very different, honey," Andrea said with a chuckle. "You look so elegant and mature now, I wouldn't even be able to see the resemblance of you as a child if I didn't look long enough."

Wynter laughed, waving her hand dismissively. She felt someone slapping her left shoulder while she was laughing.

"Stop moving so much, Maui." Taylor mumbled into Wynter's neck, her eyes still closed. This made the younger girl look at her, no matter how hard she tried to hide her face.

"You need to get up, Tay. A bed is far more comfortable than this bar chair." Wynter responded softly with a chuckle, ignoring the teasing looks from her friends.

"You carried me home drunk, right? Do it again."

"As much as I'd want to, I can't, love. The media would have a field day if I did." Wynter reasoned out like she was talking to a little kid.

"Get up, Tay.

"It's fine, Wynter, I'll just go call Calvin to carry her-" Selena's words were cut off by Taylor standing up immediately, almost even falling over if Wynter didn't save her.

"No need, Sel. I can walk." The singer said, grabbing Selena's hand and walking out of the room. Her friends immediately followed them out.

Wynter sat there in both amusement and disbelief. She let out a chuckle before standing up and joining her friends in leaving, despite their teasing looks and comments.

"Nothing happened in the dressing room, for fuck's sake. We just talked!" Wynter groaned for the nth time. The quins were constantly trying to make her spill even a hint of what happened in the dressing room.

"That's impossible! You spent fifteen minutes just talking? Plus, she was suddenly so comfortable around you! Explain that!" Stella countered, raising a brow at Wynter.

She was about to answer when a car horn stopped her. She looked over to Taylor's car and saw one of Taylor's bodyguards calling her over. She looked at Clyde and Bonnie first, silently asking for their approval. Clyde just shrugged, nodding his head at Bonnie. The publicist sighed before nodding, mouthing a quick "Behave".

Wynter approached the car with an amused smile. Taylor's bodyguard opened the door for her, revealing a frowning Taylor.

The singer lifted the divider to give them more privacy, once Wynter entered.

"Need me for something, Ms. Swift?" Wynter asked, trying her hardest to stop herself from gushing over how adorable the older girl looked.

"M'tired." Taylor said as she leaned her head on Wynter's shoulder. The brunette then sat down in a way she knew was more comfortable for Taylor.

"Okay...? I fail to see how I can help with that, love."

Taylor admits to herself that she was confused whether Wynter was purposely using the endearments or if she doesn't even notice she used them.

"You're comfortable... and warm." Taylor murmured, her eyes glued on Wynter's hands. She was internally debating with herself if she should take it or not.

"That's ironic, pretty sure I'm Winter." Wynter joked, biting her lower lip to stifle a chuckle. She couldn't even keep track of how many jokes she's already made about her name.

Taylor snorted, slapping the younger girl's thigh. "Jerk."

Wynter took advantage of Taylor's playful action. When the blonde's hand landed on her thigh, she held it down with her own hand. Gently, she intertwined their fingers together, smiling in triumph when Taylor didn't pull away.

The two girls didn't want to leave the small bubble they created together. It was all too perfect and serene. Nothing this beautiful lasts for long, sadly.

A call on Taylor's phone pulled them out of their temporary moment of serenity.

"Calvin's calling." Taylor murmured, sitting up straight and removing their intertwined hands.

"Hi, babe." The blonde said with too much enthusiasm it sounded forced. Wynter looked away, unconsciously increasing the space between her and Taylor.

"Yeah, I'm on the way back to the hotel."

Wynter was once again reminded of her place in Taylor's life. The blonde wasn't hers... yet.

"Mhm, I know... Yeah." Taylor noticed that Wynter pulled away, so she reached out for her hand. Wynter didn't acknowledge it when Taylor pulled her closer and once again locked their fingers together.

The brunette didn't know what to feel. She didn't really like their set-up; being in an affair and being the 'other woman' doesn't really feel gratifying. Especially since she knows there's quite a long line of people who'd do anything to date her, the Wynter Veilleux, too. She knows she doesn't deserve to be a mistress... but it was Taylor. The same Taylor who she waited for for more than a decade. The same Taylor to whom she remains loyal, even if it's unclear where she lies in the singer's heart. It's only obvious that she was willing to take whatever the blonde could give, no matter how ego bruising it may be.

__________

note :

i might not be able to update in a few days, it's our finals week + i have to write an article for journalism + i have to study for an interschool quiz competition :)

hopefully this'll make up for the inevitable lack of updates T^T

the lovey dovey shit seems rushed ik, so it may seem they're love bombing each other but THEY'RE NOT 😭😭 it's prob jst bcs i've been love bombed a shit ton so it's all i know lmfaoaoaoa

hopefully u'll enjoy !! mwa :3

— sincerely, ely ! ★