Because the Internet

Bora Jeup, or more commonly known as 'Kailani Young', is a Korean-American who resides in Veroax, Texas.

Being the one of three children of North Korean immigrants, she was surrounded by the culture she never authentically experienced. Her father, a neurosurgeon, took pride in the development of his children; constantly teaching them the history of his previous country and its norms. Her mother, a family physician, taught her children the horrors that goes on in North Korea; the tyrannical government, the constant fear, and overwhelming hunger to be free.

When her family arrived in Texas, they took it upon themselves to change their identities. They dawned the name "Young" and changed their first names to seem more American. Though her family refuse to speak Korean in public, it is their main spoken language in private areas. Erasing all aspects of their heritage from the people around them.

Kailani grew attached to western music, bands like My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At The Disco influenced her and how she portrayed herself. Whether it's in public or in her own home, she refuses to wear anything other than darker shades of color. Changing for no one or nothing, even her own parents.

"Who here can tell me why the battle at Saratoga is important?" The teacher asked her class.

For years she felt alone. Her parents never understood her and everybody seemed to be afraid of her, giving her looks of disgust whenever she walks pass them. She had few friends in her lifetime, but the ones she did have will always be special to her.

Kailani raised her hand, "It was the turning point for the war."

"Very good Kailani. Yes class-"

"I have to get a good picture of Tate," Kailani thought to herself, "Maybe I could hack his phone, take a picture using his front camera."

Kailani's superpower is technokinesis. The power to control technology itself in any shape, form, or angle. Though she only recently got the superpower, for some reason, she was able to learn quickly on how to use it.

"I just got to make sure his flash isn't on," Kailani planned in her head.

She can enter somebody's phone and come out another. Kailani doesn't know the science behind it, but she's confident it has to do with radio waves or electrical signals.

"Tate!" The teacher called out, "How many times do I have to tell you? Put away your phone when I'm teaching."

"Just in time," Kailani sent the photo to her image gallery.

She can hack a person's technology and scan any texts, photos, or even emails and documents. However, doing too much could give her a splitting headache. Depending on the action, Kailani can only do so much in a span of time. She simply hasn't mastered her power completely yet.

"I have to send this to Ciro," Kailani thought.

Born on February 22nd, 2003. Kailani is currently at the young age of sixteen. Being a sophomore in high school, she's been more focused on her studies over everything else. Kailani believes that everyone should focus on the present and not the future, without the present there is no future. She's constantly asked 'what do you want to be when you grow up', but she can never muster an answer. She's not worried about her adulthood or career path. Kailani simply wants to 'live'. You can never have a wonderful future if you don't live in the present.

Thank you.

Ciro texted.

Kailani is worried about moving on however. What's going to happen to her now that she isn't normal? Will she be able to live a normal life? Can she tell her family about this? Kailani doesn't have the answer. But even if she did, she'll simply wait it out before making the wrong move.