47: Christmas

________________________________

"WHEN DID YOU GET THAT?!? WHERE WAS I WHEN YOU GOT THAT?! WHERE THE HELL WAS YOUR MOTHER WHEN YOU GOT THAT?!"

I opened one eye to stare at my screaming father and my mother who was filling up a glass with vodka. She drank the whole thing and shook her head. "I need another bloody drink."

"Daddy--"

"Don't daddy me young lady." He warned.

"But dad it's only a tattoo!" I lifted my left hand again. My mother looked like she was about to faint and my dad's face went bright red with anger. Anthony walked in and stopped mid step. 

"That... Is one sick tattoo sister. Did you get that for Christmas?" Ant skimmed his hand over it.

I slapped his hand away. "No, I---"

"I'm disappointed in you Alexis." My dad said.

What a great start to Christmas day this was. 

I walked into the house completely forgetting the fact that I didn't put a bandage or a glove over my hand, I walk into the kitchen, and put my hand on the table in front of my mother and father and here we are now! They're both having a heart attack over my mark. Erasing their memory won't do anything for me, but drain any strength I had left.

Persuasion perhaps? That takes less energy... 

"I need another drink." Mom said.

Persuasion it is. I wanted a decent day! It's only nine o'clock and already I want to kill myself.
I stood my mom and dad next to each other and told Anthony to leave. "Fine but I want to see it in detail later."

I nodded and watched as he walked out.

Then I brought my full attention to my parents. I started with my dad. The puppy dog look was like the key to unlock persuasion but it required a deal of concentration. Not as much as when I erased memories but enough.

"My tattoo isn't that bad is it dad?" I brought my hand to his arm. 

He didn't move blink or even stray his eyes away from me as he said, "Come to think of it, it isn't that bad..."

I heard my mother's gasp. 

"So we should just forget about it for today?" I said in my most persuasive voice as I turned to my mother.

Her face went blank along with her eyes.

She giggled and said, "I think we should forget about it. Maybe we should talk about it tomorrow..."

"Next month." I forced.

"Next month." She repeated.

I stepped back and sighed as I released the band of concentration I was using. My parents shook their heads and glanced at each other. "After all it is Christmas right?" I said as I took steps back out of the kitchen. 

They finally looked at one another and frowned.

I could really get into this.

As soon as I stepped foot into the living room Theo practically jumped on me and squeezed me in a bear hug. "Aww hi, Alex!!"

I blinked. "Ah... Hello, Theo."

He stepped back and gave me a huge kiss on the cheek. Before I could escape he grabbed me in another hug. He stroked my cheek as he said, "I've missed you so much, Lex." He sighed longingly.

I pushed away from him and checked his eyes. 

I immediately scowled. "Gabriel."

Theo's eyes suddenly lit up. "Is he here?! Is he coming? Oh, I hope he comes, it is Christmas! A time for--"

"Gabe!!"

The front door opened and he walked in with a smirk on his face. Theo gasped and ran up to him to engulf him in a hug. Gabriel laughed like this happened every day and patted his shoulder.

"You said Theo will be reasonably happy not effing high." I whisper yelled. "He's acting like a puppy. All he needs is a wagging tail and he'll be set."

Gabriel smiled and lightly pushed Theo to the side. Theo was still smiling and staring at both of us with his dilated pupils.

"I'm not a major influence toward him, Lexie. I'm not that bad. All I did was change some things around in that brain of his and... Enhance them."

Theo shuffled back to me and lifted a strand of my hair to play with. I slapped his hand away. "Gabriel. Dial it down. I didn't want my cousin possessed."

He chuckled. "Okay." He grabbed Theo by the arm. "Come on, Theo let's go change those brain waves of yours."

He smiled childishly.

I watched as they walked into the dining room and came back out in minutes. Theo seemed a little bit more distant but slightly more co-operative. He smiled at me when he walked past but he walked straight to the couch and turned the TV on.

Gabriel walked out looking slightly tired. He came and stood next to me. "I dialled it down. Are you happy?"

I sighed. "I guess it's as good as it gets, right?"

He nodded. "Either this or the state he was in a moment ago?"

I laughed. "I prefer this." 

Gabriel twined our fingers together and pulled me to walk through the house. "Are you staying?"

"If you want me to."

I smiled at him. "Of course I want you to."

We were wandering through the dining and back to the living room when I said, "How did you do it?"

He glanced at me. "What?"

We walked up the stairs together and strolled down the hall. "You know what. How did you do that to Theo?"

"Have you heard that demon's can influence humans into doing bad things? Like killing someone or robbing a bank for example?"

I nodded. "The little voice inside people's heads, of course. But you're not a demon."

"No, but we can do it too. Not to such an extent but along the same lines. Pure's can do it too."

"Can I?"

"Probably. But I'm not teaching you how to do it." He said seriously. I rolled my eyes. We walked down the hall and he suddenly pulled me into an open room.