The Shy Girl Has a Gun...Chapter 31

Start from the beginning

Jace’s angry yells didn’t even make Rob flinch, and his words must have washed straight over his head as he shrugged “I had a business to run and I didn’t have time for your financial problems.”

I honestly have never seen so much fury in one persons face than I did now as I stared at Jace. He lunged forward again, sending his fist into the face of one of the guys holding a gun to his face so suddenly he tumbled onto the ground before he could figure out what happened.

My eyes widened as I realised he didn’t care anymore and if he made any more moves he would get himself killed. I was over to him before anyone could stand in my way, and as he raised his fist to the second guy, who would have pulled the trigger before Jace got a hit in, I grabbed it and restrained him as best as I could. Considering his anger was fuelling his strength, it was near enough impossible.

“Jace. JACE!” I yelled in his face, trying to get through to him. I stood in front of him and it was only when I grabbed his face and forced him to look at me did he finally stop thrashing and struggling. I was a little taken back as his eyes met mine, and I swear they were actually red from fury. “Don’t get yourself killed.” I ordered in a whisper, hating the hint of desperation in my voice.

His jaw flexed as he stared into my eyes, and I slowly felt and saw him calm down enough that I knew he would not go on another rampage just yet.

“Isn’t that adorable.” Rob commented, sarcasm lining his voice “After all these years and she’s still stupid enough to come back to you.”

I’m no hypocrite normally, but even I realised that was exactly what I became as I turned to face Rob and dived for him ready to rip his throat out mere seconds after I ordered Jace not to get himself killed by doing anything rash.

I felt an arm slip around my stomach and pull me back forcefully before I got too far. Jace held me so my back was pressed up against his stomach, the grip around me firm as he obviously knew that my temper was on a shorter fuse than his was right now.

“Why don’t you grow a set of balls and come a little closer so I can kick you so hard in the jaw nothing will ever come back to you.” I challenge him, holding my arms out and moving my hands in a ‘bring it’ motion.

I needed to hit something, and the only something that would do right now was him.

He grinned, not bothered by my threat at all.

Like father like son...

“And there was me thinking you were the same pushover you were when you were dating my son all those years ago, turns out you’ve grown a backbone.” He stated whilst cocking his brow showing me he was actually impressed.

“Again, step from behind your human fucking shields and I’ll break all of your bones dickhead.” I hissed at him, feeling the grip around my waist tighten as Jace pulled me back a little more.

“Not to disrupt your death threats young lady, but I should probably point out its hard to take you seriously considering the clothes you are wearing.” Lee chimed in lifting a finger to get our attention “Or should I say not wearing.”

I gritted my teeth together as I pulled forcefully out of Jace’s grasp and wrapped the hoodie tighter around me, zipping it up so at least it would stop falling opened to reveal my not so threatening laced underwear.

“I wasn’t complaining.” Rob commented with his eyes still on my body and a smirk to his lips, which was causing my skin to crawl.

I saw Jace tense next to me and basically heard his teeth grind together as he held back.