03

Location: changes
༻༺

It was another early, studio morning for Bianca. She rose out of bed and got dressed into a black tracksuit and her crocs. Instead of calling a cab, she decided to take the bus. Yeah, she was a celebrity but she hadn't yet got a car and she was still humble enough that getting the bus wasn't a big deal.

It was early morning but she still pulled her hood over her head while walking down the road. It was a school day, and although not many kids take this bus route, she still had to be cautious. She plugged her AirPods into her ears as she stood at the bus stop. She opened her notes app and went over the draft of the song she had written yesterday evening.

She stood there quietly for a little while, reading over and editing her song until the bus came 10 minutes later. She allowed the old woman stood nearby to get on first. Then she looked up and noticed Cench's face plastered to the side of the bus. She blinked twice and was stood stationery until the bus driver called at her.

"You getting on?" The old man asked, opening the plastic door slightly. Bianca glanced at him, looked back at the billboard and noticed that it wasn't Cench on the bus and she was imagining it, then she turned back to the driver.

"Yeah, sorry about that," She apologised and got on the bus, scanning her oyster card and then going to sit at the top. She sat at the front, since the bus was mostly empty and she knew if any school kids got on they'd go straight to the back.

Bianca pressed play on her music and just gazed out the window. The bus came to a stoplight and she looked down at a sign. Out of boredom, she read the directions pointed out on the sign. One of them pointed towards Ladbroke Grove.

This must be a coincidence. You're overthinking it. You see that sign all the time, Bianca thought, shaking her head and looking away.

Cench was the only thing on her mind which was going to influence her music which, in conclusion, will make her friends even more concerned about how she's dealing with her breaking up with him.

Bianca had to try to forget about him. She turned her music up to the highest and played a game on her phone. This distracted her quite a bit until a Spotify advert for the kiss top 50 came up and a snippet of 'Sprinter' started playing. She huffed and took her AirPods out, shoving them and her phone in her pocket. She ended up just sitting in silence until the bus finally came to her stop.

She nearly ran off of the bus, called a quick thank you to the bus driver and then walked down the road to the studio. She dropped Neveah a quick text, as she was meeting Bianca there. The studio was her safe space, nothing there would remind her of him. Right?

Wrong.

She walked into her room and then took a step back when she saw him in the flesh sat down on the sofa. Her eyes went wide with shock and her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. "Oh, for fucks sake, this is not happening — bye," She said, and went to leave.

"Nah, B, come back," Cench called, getting up and opening the door again, allowing her to enter.

"I didn't know somebody else was in my room today," Bianca said, not making eye contact because we all know what happened last time. "I'll just be leaving,"

"I'm not here to record," Cench said, "I need to chat to you,"

"About what?" Bianca spat, coldly, making eye contact just to glare at him.