[13]: Aftermath

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Kieran POV:

The cops finally came and took the guy away. When I let Niall go, he fell to his knees, crumbling into a mess of tears and sobs. His walls were being demolished and his crying was the saddest thing I'd ever seen or heard. It was full of pain and sadness, something I never truly understood. He muttered something about how he followed us there, and how he could never escape.

I shared a glance with my best friends and they indicated that they were going to help the cops or Isaiah, Kyler and Cris. I let them split up and head those directions.

I knelt down next to Niall, wrapping a comforting arm around him. He leaned into my arm, crying his heart out.

I felt his arms around me and he was hugging me as if his life depended on it. He sobbed into my chest, I could feel his fists clenching behind my back.

I wrapped him in a tight, protective hug. Soon he stopped crying and was wrapped in my arms with his forehead pressed to my collar bone. I tried to ignore how nice it felt to have him in my arms and focus on his need for comfort.

"Come on, let's go back to the house," I muttered. He said nothing. I offered him my hand and he took it while staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry," his voice cracked and his lips trembled as he used my hand to stand back up.

"Niall, look at me," I ordered. He looked me in the eye reluctantly. "I know you had a rough life. I understand you have to be tough for your sister and your brother to protect them, but it's okay to look for comfort when you need it. Sometimes you need other people to help you stay tough," I said gently. "There are still people who care enough to help."

He tried to turn his head away, but I had my hand there so he couldn't look away.

He whimpered and closed his eyes. "Just because you say it doesn't mean you mean it," he muttered.

"Niall, look at me," I commanded. He opened his eyes, but looked anywhere but at me. I placed my other hand on the other side of his face. "Niall."

He finally looked at me, opened his mouth, but shut it.

I knew nothing I said would convince him, he was a stubborn asshole, and wouldn't let someone show care or love to him, but that's what kept him going.

I pressed my forehead to his, closing my eyes and sighing. He didn't pull away so I opened my eyes to meet his, just to make him see how dead serious I was. His eyes were wide and he blushed deeply at the closeness.

I stared directly in his eyes. "Niall, I care about you too much for my own good. When you came back from the hospital, all playful and fun, I knew I cared about you way more than I should a friend," I said quietly, so only his ears could hear. "I want to take your pain away, make you feel better, make you smile, and laugh," his eyes were still wide and his blush was deepening the more I spoke. "Niall, I like you. A lot, and I have for a while. If that's not enough proof for you, I don't know what is."

His blush was almost an unhealthy shade of red, but by his smile I guessed it was a pleasant surprise. He closed his eyes, wiping tears from his face. When he opened them, he looked me in the eyes, like I did a moment ago. "Hah, I like you too, Kieran."

I mirrored his sweet smile. "We'll talk more later, when you've had time to process," I said softly. We sat there for a few seconds before I met his eyes. "And...despite what happened, I'm glad you're here."