14. Ezra

Isaac has been acting odd since this morning. I haven't asked him why because I'm myself losing my shit. She decided to contact me after 2 years straight and didn't even care enough to call me, she just texted like she'd be wasting her time with me.

My mom. She wants me to visit her with my husband but can I really? I can't tell Isaac anything, not how my father was murdered and why. I can't tell him that my mother doesn't even know he was killed, we've told her that he died in an accident that she blamed me for. I'm sure if I told Isaac that he has to accompany me, he'll ask questions about what my parents do, why did I decide to live so far away from them. Mom said she called Brandon and his wife Keira too. My brother's 24, a year younger than me and his wife's the same age as him. Mom haven't met her either, yet.

"You seem distracted, Mia Vita"  WAIT. A. DAMN. SECOND. Does he even know what that means? Important question, does he mean to say that? I mean he wouldn't call me that right? I turned around and saw him leaning to the doorframe of my room while I'm staring at my reflection, lost in my thoughts, "What did you call me? What does that mean?" I tilted my head so he thinks I don't know what that mean, I have to know if he meant it. "Dumbass" He hesitated, his body language says he knows what he just called me and my heart fluttered along with those damn butterflies in my stomach. "Didn't seem like it thought," I turned back to the mirror and he approached, sitting on the edge of my bed with both his hands on the mattress. "You know what that means huh?" He freaking smirked and I can feel the heat creeping on my cheeks. "I lived in Italy for a few years" I explained and he raised an eyebrow at me. "Guess there's a lot for me to know about my wife" I should really get a hold of my fucking heart because if he kept calling me by nicknames and his WIFE as if I'm actually his wife, I'm sure I'll be having a heart attack.

"so you're telling me it's the first time in TWO years that she texted you?" He arched his brows at me and I nodded, my heart pounding hard in my chest, "Alright, what do you want me to say there? Would she ask me questions? Like I don't know how did I meet you?" He asked, I'm kind of surprised that he's so patient with everything I'm telling him and didn't ask me much about my dad when I told him he died in an accident, not even about his job. Is this the same Isaac Zane who would lose his shit over a single Misspelling because it's wasting his time to check it twice? It's kind of flattering.

"Alright, so we have to tell the same story we told my parents and no questions about your dad, got it" he snapped his fingers and a big grin on his face as if he's excited to meet my family, "and your brother? Am I forbidden from asking him something too?" He asked and I took a moment to think, "no, there isn't any for him, he's kind of guy who wouldn't take any comment seriously to save his life" I acknowledged and he smirked before getting up, "I think I might like your brother more than you" He said and I placed my hand over my hips, "I'll be so damn happy to see your disappointment after you actually met him" I scoffed.