Chapter 8: A Night of Passion

Back at the camp, the elf relaxed into his customary attire, grateful for a moment of peace and the crispness of the open air. His eyes caught sight of the book he had carelessly tossed aside the previous night, still strewn haphazardly. Retrieving it, he gazed at its cover for a moment before slipping it back into its place among the pile. Today had proven to be a day of triumphs—numerous victories, a trove of valuable information, and, mercifully, no skirmishes. The successes had left him feeling empowered, more self-assured than he had in quite some time. He took a moment to appreciate his reflection in the mirror, rediscovering a sense of satisfaction in his own features.

"Darling, I was just thinking about you.," Astarion intruded, his presence as familiar as ever. "I've been...reminiscing on our time together. The things we've shared, and I don't just mean that lovely neck of yours."

Seated on a stool before the mirror, Chrisitinus turned to face the vampire. "Are you in need of another bite?"

"No, no. As tempting as that may be, I wanted to express my admiration for you," Astarion confessed, closing the distance between them. "Your cunning at the camp today was quite impressive. I'm growing to like the whole package, honestly." He edged closer. "And you clearly like me too, so..."

He arched an eyebrow in response. "So...?"

"Come now, don't be coy," Astarion's voice dipped lower. "Your body's already given you away. I could feel it as I was getting lost in your neck. Your little shakes of excitement. You enjoyed it, didn't you?"

Christinus leaned his elbows back, his head cocked to the right curiously. "Are you hitting on me, Astarion?"

"Mmm, I want to repay your noble sacrifice." Astarion began walking towards the tent entrance, ensuring no one was eavesdropping. "I know somewhere quiet, intimate. Somewhere we can..." He turned back to face Christinus with a salacious smirk and a raised eyebrow. "Indulge in each other."

Christinus held his stare for a moment in silence. He then looked away, smiling to himself as he let out a single note of breathy laughter. "I don't recall mentioning a debt."

"Oh, it's more of an excuse, if anything. Assuming you want this too?"

Christinus tossed the ball back into the elf's court. He sat on it, ruminating. He couldn't bring himself to refuse Astarion outright, despite the clear intentions. He had grown somewhat fond of his companion, more than he'd be willing to admit, and from what little he could make out of Astarion's face, he seemed vaguely handsome. "Tell me, what do you gain from this?"

"On my honor, the only thing on my mind is depraved, carnal lust."

"Well, if you put it like that." Even if Astarion was plotting something, the elf was too vested in it. His curiosity peaked, and his own needs insisted on being met. Straightening himself back up in his seat, Christinus nodded. "Alright."

"Wonderful! I'll find you once the others have gone to bed." Astarion's pulse steadied as he made his escape from Christinus, whose unpredictability had momentarily unsettled him. Now, with the danger averted, he saw an opportunity to weave his charms and draw the man in. "I promise you a night you won't forget," he assured Christinus, making a graceful exit.

Lilith's keen eyes tracked Astarion's departure from afar, a sudden surge of pleasure coursing through her fingertips. She couldn't contain a gasp, hastily covering her mouth with her hand. Her gaze shifted to a distracted Shadowheart, who, in the midst of prayer, felt the weight of someone's eyes on her. "What?" she questioned.

"Oh, just... you look so good today," Lilith reassured the cleric with a sly smile.

"Thank you?" Shadowheart responded, a hint of confusion in her voice.