Chapter 3: The proposal

Four years passed and the Empire of Zehdkile gone into a devastating state as the Emperor, father of Axion died because of his disease. It only took him a month longer to live after he known his sickness.
A year later, Axion were crowned as the new Emperor. He then ruled the kingdom and the people of the empire bring their respect to the young Emperor. He just turned twenty and were gifted the crown together with his responsibilities.
"I'm your biggest fan. I'll follow you until you love me."
"Pardon, your majesty?", Zero, the butler of Axion.
"Zero. Arrange a luncheon together with the Duke of Lihskio.", confused Zero were patted on his shoulder by Axion.
"For what reason, your majesty?", Zero asked. Axion give him an envelope with the seal of the Empire.
"I am going to make a proposal.", Axion smiled.
"Please send this letter to him."
"Yes, your majesty.", Without any doubt, Zero left the room with the letter to Lihskio.
"I won't stop until that girl is mine.", Axion .
...
At the kingdom of Lihskio, Ling Zhen were having a tea with the Duke.
"Father, I heard that the Emperor has been changed?"
"Yes. The only son succeeded the throne. Remember Axion? That boy you talked in the garden when you were seven? He is now the Emperor."
"I know him but I don't remember that thing in the garden when I am seven."
"Ha! Ha! You are getting older, your highness."
"Oh right. We are going to hold a banquet for your birthday this next two weeks. What do you want?"
"You can decide."
"Oh my. My daughter... You are already going to be twenty this next two weeks and you are still single. When are you going to find a husband? Or even a boyfriend?"
"No."
"You always say no. Let me help you. I know what to do. You'll be surprised."
Ling Zhen knows what will happen but lets her father do the work. She is not interested about it after all.
After the meal, Ling Zhen went to the market to check up the people of the kingdom and how the prices for the goods are.
After several hours of checking, she accidentally found a hidden place beside a furniture store which is confusing.
"Your highness, let us go with you. It might be dangerous there."
"I will call you if anything happen." The knights nodded and decided to wait outside.

Ling Zhen's POV

There is something with his hidden dark place in between these two shops. Wow. There is a house. It looks good and I think the owner is somewhat rich, maybe a noble.
"Hello. Pardon me, sire. Is there someone who lives in this house?"
"Yes, your highness. Wait. Let me call him for you."
"Huh? Him? Is he alone in this huge house?"
"Yes, your highness. I've heard he is somewhat a son from a rich noble family. He wants to live alone. He also doesn't want to be with many people."
"That's why he is in this secluded area."
"I think so, your highness."
"Okay. Nevermind. Thank you, sire."
"Be careful on your way, your highness."
I just nodded.
"Let's go back. There's nothing."
"Your highness, I have something to report."
"What is it?"
"The Emperor sent a message to the Duke."
"The Emperor? Why?"
"Fox said the Emperor wants to have a luncheon with the Duke for a proposal."
"A proposal? What do you think it is?"
"Is he trying to set a deal for he is declaring a war?"
A war? I can't help for my brows to get crooked.
"I apologize for my words, your highness. Please spare me."
"Why?"
"Huh?"
"Well... I'm just confused. Why would there be a proposal?"
"Is he trying to extort money from our kingdom as we are the richest neighboring kingdom?"
"Well that is possible."
Money? If money, the Duke will surely not think twice. He will give it immediately. Money is not a problem. However, if it is another matter... what is it though.
"Let's go back to the palace."
"Princess Ling Zhen is entering."
"Pardon my intrusion, your majesty."
"What is it?"
"I heard that the Emperor sent you a letter. What is it about?"
"Oh. I haven't read it yet. Can you read it for me?"
"Sure."
"To the respected Duke of Lihskio, I offer my deepest apologies for sending this letter just to have a luncheon with you."
"I hope to gain your trust and build a stronger connection with your kingdom. As what you have heard from the messenger, I told him that I want to have a luncheon for a proposal."
"That is--WHAT?" WHAT IS THIS?
"What is it, your highness? Come. Let me read it."
"No, your majesty. You must turn it down."
"Why?" I ripped the paper and threw it outside the window.
My apologies father for leaving you confused.
"Let us head to the empire."

Axion's POV

"Your majesty, the princess of Lihskio is here."
"Really?" Oh my God! I am blushing kekeke
Wait! Let's be composed. She told me that. Ahem.
"Let her in."
"Pardon my intrusion in such an unexpected time your majesty."
"Don't mind it." You can come and go anytime, dear.
"I have something to discuss to you about."
"What is it?" Hey! Zero! Go! I signaled him but he seems not noticing. Gosh! Shoo!
"Yes, your majesty."
"Hmm?"
"O-oh. He is leaving. Don't mind him." Let us two be alone together, my lady.
"Please have a seat." Finally, you can sit right in front of me.
"About the letter." Huh? What? How? I can't stop gulping. I forgot she have the authority to read letters too.
"H-ha.. you've read it."
"Are you kidding?" She laughed. Ha?
"Haha. Ha." this is awkward.
"Who are you going to be engaged with in my kingdom?"
"Huh? U-uhm..." If it's the father, I think I can respond in a much composed way... but i-it is her.. ahh! How can I say it's you? I am not ready! Wait. Yeah! I am not ready. I can just tell her it's just a mistype. Wait! I wrote it by hand. What can I say?
"Oh. The letter is not for you. It's for another kingdom. They got the wrong place."
"Really? But it is states our kingdom. Then, my apologies, your majesty. Let me give you the letter. Here." Oh... this is so heartbreaking.
"Your majesty, are you okay?" Huh?
"You can now let go of my hand."
"Oh! My apologies, your highness." I held her hand! Stop racing, my heart! Calm down...
"Then, it is time for me to leave, your majesty. Next time, be careful with the name of the place." Wait. I don't want her to go. What should I do?
"Uhm.. your highness, it is getting late. You can join me on dinner."
"I can not do that, your majesty. You are the Emperor and I am a princess from another kingdom. I don't want your servants to think of something not good about us especially you. You have to live with a good reputation. You are also going to propose to a woman from another kingdom. My apologies but I am going to go now. Goodbye, your majesty."
Oh my God! I ruined it.
How can she be mine?