**Chapter 29 A SURPRISE RELEASE FROM THE QUEEN

CADENCE POV

Zephyrus wasn't really imprisoned and was only waiting for me to find Lux as she manipulated the bars to be out of sight from the guards. Zephyrus breaks out of the prison cell and breaks Lux's prison bars as well to free us from the dominion of the dark forces. Vernon vocalizes his pain, and says, "My powers are weakened, I don't know if I can take on these guards by myself even...ouch this spell is gonna kill me tomorrow." I try to conjure up a protection spell, but I am too new of an alchemist to produce such magic. I answer Vernon, "I'm sorry, comrade, I am unable to use a protection or negation spell like my parents and grandmother. I don't know if she's still alive or not!"

Suddenly, we hear gunshots and were ambushed out of nowhere, with the guards surrounding us, asking us to leave the private grounds. "Only the Chancellor and Rhett are allowed here! Why are you lurking around on private grounds? The Chancellor will be cautioned unless you leave, NOW!" They protest us to leave and question our whereabouts. We lie and tell them that we were studying the geographical design for my vampire history extra credit with the Chancellor, instead of the truth that we were afraid of the humans being tortured. "We are here to study the history of the academy's mapping and this area is new, so we are here to study the outline," I say and they join me in unison; "We are helping out Cadence with the project for extra credit." Our cover up suspiciously worked and we bolt out of there as quickly as we can to go find my mother on the outskirts of town.

However, one missing detail was a brew. Lux was broken out of his cell and Zephyrus was standing there in the flesh of day. The guards looked confused at first and then screamed out, "It's a rebellion! Catch them, guards!" The guards round us up in a negated spell-bound rope that is vampire-proof, alchemist-proof, and even human-proof. I struggle to break free and am sitting there full of regret and depression in my mind. I should've planned this better, I thought to myself. I am in full fight or flight mode when I see someone in the distance...it is neither the Chancellor nor his son, Rhett Wells...it is Eloise Fairchild. She stands there with a leg up on the chair stationed in the corner of the jail cell and both hands on her hips, looking poutily cute. "Guards, release them!" she says nicely and yet, proudly with a voice of authority.

DIARY:

That night, we are released and given a second chance by Eloise Fairchild who orders all of us to be released from the torture dungeon. So, I believe that she is indeed the Chancellor's daughter, who has such authority over the others in the academy. She must be.

Love, Cadence Madlock