The Fight 2/3- WHY THE HELL IS MY ONLY WEAPON A STICK?!

Kara was falling out a window when we last saw her. Nope, she didn't break her legs. The calm had somehow dampened her over emotional, turbulent mind. Her instincts led her to jump, so she did. And, bafflingly (i can say as she was baffled herself), she floated down, like a leaf. She didn't dwell on this long, though. She silently padded through the autumn leaves in the forest.
It wasn't the dead of the night, as she'd thought. Dawn was approaching, though the sky was only turning a melancholy gray, fitting her mood. The smell got worse as she got closer to her quarry- though she hadn't even seen it yet.
A thought crossed her mind. If this creature was strong enough to- no, she couldn't even think it- harm Amma and Appa, then she'd probably need a weapon or something. Seeing a promising branch, she jumped up and pulled it from a tree. (wait, she did what?)
The trail got warmer, and slowly she started to realise where she was.
Somehow, in her pursuit of the scent, she'd meandered to the area of woodland close to where Sunny lived. Could the creature have gotten him, too?
A lingering suspicion grew in the back of her mind. The scent of the creature was strongest here.
She followed the trail to a clearing which looked like it might be Sunny's crib, on account of the sprawling tree house spread out over a large banyan in the centre. Kona shivered involuntarily. Amma was sort of superstitious about banyans. Legend usually said that banyans and peepals often housed ghosts.
She bypassed the tree, making her way steadily onward, until the scent was no longer a scent, but a presence.
It turned.
It was then she realised that she really should've found a better weapon.