Chapter 20 - No More (Last Chapter!)

Dan's POV

Phil, over time, gained his body back. He was still cautious around fattening foods and junk, so I made it a priority never to buy any of that. I feel like eating right has helped me too. I noticed Phil having energy and strength as if he never had anorexia at all. It was amazing. His malnutrition began to clear as he began eating correctly, and eventually, he was cured of the disease that he once feared would kill him. He was so strong.

I still got nervous needs to pick the closing scabs on my arms every once in a while just to get the bleeding sensation back, but I held back. I remembered Phil begging me to fight for him, so I did. When he saw me wanting to do it again, he usually cuddled up to me and kissed me, and took my mind far away from it.

I never again had another dream about my mother. I still thought about her, and my father too. Both were happier. They were together. I wasn't hurt by either of them anymore. There was no more pain from them. I missed them, but what's gone is gone, and there is no reason to persecute myself for it. Like Phil said when he first noticed my cuts – "It isn't your fault." And he was right.

Both of us went to First Step Rehabilitation Center every once in a while to help out and check in on the nurses. Mrs. Grace appeared quite often as well.

"I'm glad it worked out," she had said one time. "It looks like you've got your life back on track."

"Yeah."

And I did. I really did.

Phil's POV

I continued to clean Dan's arms until his cuts were faded. I knew he had temptations to pick at them, but I also learned exactly what helped to calm him. I found him touching the wristbands with our names on them when he needed to. It was hard for him, but he managed so well. He was so strong.

I was with Dan all the time. He helped me learn to eat properly again, and I understood now why everyone wanted me to have more "energy." Being able to do things felt incredible.

Of course, I still struggled to eat. We couldn't go to fast food restaurants or order pizza because I wouldn't eat it, even though I tried. I apologized to Dan for my annoying inability, but he refused to fight it.

"It's ok, I understand," he would say.

The longer we were together, the happier I became with myself, and I was able to eat much more freely again. There was no more worrying. No more pain. I didn't feel any of that anymore. I felt loved and excepted.

And I'd have none of that if he hadn't poked his head in my room that day.

~~~~~

A/N:

Hey everyone! Thank you for all of your awesome comments on my fic <3 You guys are so amazing! Have a good day/night!!

Also, be sure to check out some of my other stories, if you liked this one! Love you guys! <3