The Archives

Edited

Olivia's POV

We walked up to a large, Victorian era type building. It had little bits of grass around the edges and flowers framing the steps. It looked simply beautiful. It was old and rustic looking, the words carved skillfully into the stone above in cursive or script...

"The Archives"

Well, I guess this is it. I looked to Travis and he was carefully observing me from the steps of the building. I gave him a questioning glance. He smiled and shook his head, motioning me to follow him, we stepped into the building.

He pushed open the large oak door and led the way. As we stood in the doorway my jaw dropped. It was even bigger on the inside. All of the walls lined with books and bits of papers. Dozens, if not hundreds of shelves and bookshelves lined the walls ans floors. A large open area with red velvet couches lay adjacent to the bookshelves, a cosy fireplace and a massive, what I hope is faux fur, rug. A huge desk sat directly in front of us and Travis walked up to it.

"Veronica, where are the files I requested?" He said to someone I couldn't see. He had a very dominant tonality going for him, I guess that comes with being an alpha.

"Umm, right here, I-I think, o-one moment A-Alpha," I could sense he was getting impatient and she seemed a bit terrified so I called him over.

"Hey, Tra-Alpha, could you come over here a second." He strode over and I couldn't help but look at his chest. The muscles under his shirt flexed as he made his way over to where I was standing, as I had held back as he went to the desk.

"What's wrong?" He asked, no hint of his "Alpha tone" in sight. He sounded pretty genuinely concerned.

"Give the poor girl a break, I'm sure she's doing her best. I mean, look at this place, it's huge." He studied my face for a second and smiled again. I questioned him once more but he shook his head again.

What's up with him today...

We were interrupted by a timid voice calling out.

"Alpha! Here are the files you wanted!" We both walked over this time and I chose to introduce myself.

"Hi there, I'm Olivia" I shouted to whoever was behind the large desk. A petite brunette emerged from beneath. She wore her hair up and wore glasses. She didn't look like a librarian, a bit nerd chic if you ask me.

"H-Hello, My name is Veronica", she smiled at me. I could tell it was sincere and I nodded at her, returning the smile.

"Okay, where are the files?" I hear a deep voice say next to my ear. To say it was sexy was an understatement. She handed him the boxes and he led me to the couches I saw earlier.

We sat and divided the boxes amongst ourselves. Two for me, two for him. I looked to the side of the boxes I had.

"Olivia Summers"

Why did they have records on me?

I started looking through the box and found my birth paper, pictures and little things I lost as a child. What even..

"Why do you have these things?" He gave me a senseless answer.

"Cause you're mine" Great, that answerwd my question perfectly Travis, thank you. Note my lovely sarcasm.

I shook him off and kept digging. I found a black and white photo that caught my attention. A girl about my age stood in a long white gown. Almost wedding dress like...

"Who's this?" I showed him the photo. He stared in shock but quickly changed his expression.

"I don't know.." Well, that's a lie. I put the photo in my pocket.

Hours of digging and nothing stood out. That was until I found my parents death certificate..

I stared at the piece of paper reading the sentence over and over......

Cause of death: Five pairs of puncture marks to the neck.

Well guys here is a short update for those of you who requested one. You all are always the best and I love you all soo much :* Remember to Vote, Comment and keep Reading! Love yall~~~~ Sky