Chapter 12 : My 17th

Hope's P.O.V.

It's been about 4 or 5 months since I met Bruno Mars. It's been a crazy time but i'm finally 17! I've had a crazy ride and the Moonshine Jungle Tour was awesome. Performing with Bruno has definately been one of the best experiences of my life. And I finally have my album out! It's my birthday today (December 12th) and I am meeting up with 20 friends from school and college for a meal tonight in Basingstoke. I asked Bruno and Phil if they wanted to join us as out of everyone, they are the two from the band that I have become closest to, unfortunately they can't come because of music in L.A. etc... But I know it's going to be such a good night. My friends; Hollie, Koren and I decide to make a day of town and we go in as my dad drops us off. When we go in, it's crazy, i'm a bit more used to photos and autographs but it's like people expected to see me in here. I get through most people and walk around some stores. As we are dressed casually we buy some outfits for this evening to change into. I have gained quite a bit of money from the music industry, and i'll admit, it's quite nice. To treat my friends, I buy them a new pair of shoes each and we carry around our clothes. We realise it's 1:30 in the afternoon so we go for some lunch, we walk into Greggs and then Starbucks, so many people recognise me now, and on my coffee from Starbucks, the waiter guy puts "Hope Louise, you're outta this world!" which makes me laugh as 'This World' is the name of my new album, and he wrote some lyrics on the cup. We walk out and have our lunch before continuing to shop. It turns to 5, so we walk into Shear Beauty to have our hair done. I wasn't planning on doing it myself tonight. I am recognised by the manager and she allows us to use the staff-room to get changed. We do so, thank the people there and pay. Earlier on I had bought a short red dress that showed my curves, some high red heels and had my hair loosely curled with simple, small red roses weaved in and out of the curls. Hollie and Koren also went for short, body-fitting dresses, Hollie, yellow and Koren had purple. We went to Nando's to see it had all been decorated for me and the rest of our friends inside waiting. I couldn't hold in my excitment and just went and hugged them all. We ordered and ate by 8 and then we just stay and talk for ages.

"ring ring"

"Hello?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS!"

"BRUNO!"

Everyone around the table goes silent and listens to my phone. I put it on speaker.

"How are you birthday girl?"

"Brilliant thanks, it's a really good night."

"That's good. It's about to get a lot better..."

"What do you mean?"

"Look outside."

He hangs up and I look outside. Bruno and Phil stand outside the glass windows holding a massive Happy Birthday banner, written in red and green and with pictures of my life all over it. I stand up and start getting excited and laugh, trust those two to do something like this. Bruno walks inside with his arms out and I run up and give him a hug and then hug Phil.

"I thought you guys were in L.A.?!"

"We couldn't miss your birthday!"

"Guys..."

"Hope, you made my birthday amazing, now it's time to return the favour!"

"Huh?"

"Here."

Bruno passed me a small black bag and I open it to find his black fedora with a different, red band around it.

"No way?!"

"Happy birthday beautiful!"

"You didn't need to!"

He puts the hat on my head and tilts it slighty, it has always been his second favourite so I couldn't believe he was giving it to me!