Prologue

A/n POV

The scene begins as Akshara waits for Abhimanyu and Abhir in the temple. She had been waiting for a long time and had started to worry about them now. As she was about to call Abhi the Pandit Ji of the temple informed her about the landslide and she felt as if someone had put a dagger in her chest. She was about to run out of the temple to find them but suddenly she heard a voice, "Mumma, we are here.", she slowly turned around with her eyes closed feeling as if it was a dream and she would wake up if she opened them. She slowly opens her eyes and feels as if all her pain is gone as she sees them. 

Akshu with tears in her eyes runs and engulfs them both in a tight hug. It was as if she was alive again. She starts to kiss Abhir all over his face and keeps muttering 'thank god' and 'I love you so much'. Then she slowly faced the man she had once madly loved and started loving again. Abhi looked at her with worried eyes and was about to ask her what was wrong when she suddenly hugged him tightly as if someone would take him away and she shocked him more when she said, "Lower your head a little bit.", he does what she told him to do and she pressed her lips on his head and kisses him just like she did the first time she told him she loved him. 

"I love you Abhi.", she said as she continued hugging him reminding him about the first time, she had confessed to him that she too loved him. Abhi also had tears in his eyes. 'Finally.', he thought. He immediately picked her up in his arms carefully so that he wouldn't hurt the baby and hugged her laughing, "I love you Akshu, I love you so much.", he said as tears left his eyes. 

After a few minutes of being in each other's embrace, Akshu broke the hug looked Abhi in the eye, and told him, "Abhi, I have lost a lot of special people in my life, and I can't lose more people now. I was very hesitant about getting married again as I had just lost Abhinav the man who stood by me through my ups and downs for six years without complaining he had become my best friend, husband, and love and after losing him it was as if I had just died myself. But ever since his death I had just lived for the sake of Abhir but after your constant support and how you refused to leave my side even after knowing that I was pregnant with his child. Abhimanyu, how do you do this how do make me fall in love with you again and again? Abhi let's do this let's get married again but this time with the promise of being together till we die." 

Abhimanyu felt as if he had been dreaming. Finally, all the suffering he had been through these six years had ended. She told him she loved him again after six freaking years. Slowly he smiled with tear-filled eyes and took her hand in his, "Akshu, I promise you that I will not let you go through these sufferings ever again. I promise you that I will try to be the best father for this baby and Abhir and that I will never differentiate between them both." 

Holding their hands while placing Abhir in the middle they walked towards the temple. Akshu told Pandit Ji to start the rituals. They sat in front of Havan Kund while Pandit Ji chanted the mantras, it felt the same the only difference was that this time they didn't have any family members, but they did have each other. After some time Pandit Ji asked whether there was someone to do the Kanya dan or not they both looked at each other and then at Abhir and smiled and looked over to Pandit Ji and said, "Our son, Abhir will do the Kanya dan.". 

"Me? I will do the Kanya dan but how?", Abhir asked curiously. Akshu just smiled and said, "Why not baby? Just do what Pandit Ji asks you to okay?". 

After the Kanya dan was done it was finally the movement they were waiting for. "Please stand for the phrase.", as they heard Pandit Ji say that they stood up and watched as he made Abhir tie the knot and he motioned them to begin. As they were walking around the Havan Kund, they promised to never repeat the mistakes they had made before which had led to the failure of their marriage.