A Girl Can Dream

School was boring again as usual. We sat at our desks, learning about complex division in maths. I was not even interested in what was going on. I slyly pulled out some fashion magazines under my books, and looked through them. I absolutely admired the models on the smooth pages, and I've always dreamed what I'd be like if I was in the same place. Fashion and modeling seemed so intriguing to me. If that was a career I could choose, I'd pick that one. A few moments passed until the Chalkie (school teacher) called my name. Uh oh.

    "Miss, Eaton. Do you know what the remainder to problem 5 is?" The whole class turned to me, well aware that I wasn't paying attention. I took a quick glance at the problem on the chalk board. 

(x^3 + 3x^2 - 8x - 4)/(x-2)

I quickly calculated the problem in my head and got the remainder as zero.

"Nought (zero), Mr. Papowski." He looked a bit shocked, but nodded and carried on with the lesson. 

"Wow! How'd you do that so fast, Court?" Mackenzie asked, who was my math partner. 

I giggled, "I dunno. Guess school isn't as hard for me. Thats why I really don't pay attention, cause I've learned everything beforehand from my dad."

We continued on with the lesson and I put away my magazines, just in case I would get caught again and they could possibly take them away. I sighed. A girl can dream...  

Photo: https://instagram.com/p/h8OxQCjxqc/?taken-by=courteaton