Boom CLAP

picture of Iris^^^

IRIS
I walked down the sidewalk in a strutting kind of way and my blonde hair in a ponytail.

I'm a vampire. And so is my bestfriend Minerva. We were both born vampires. My dad is a vampire and my mum is a human and no my mum still doesn't know her husbands a vampire. I mean after 20 years of your life id think you'd notice that this man doesn't eat anything you make and that he isn't ageing. There'd be times when my mum would tell Minerva and I that he hasn't changed a bit and still looks exactly like he did in highschool and we'd just laugh. But atleast her man isn't old like the rest of her friends husbands.

"Mmh.Valeria is calling again," said Minerva as she put her new sparkle case phone in front of me.

"Ignore it," she nodded. It might seem rude of us but in our defence she's really annoying and desperate for friends. You see in this Town Minerva and I are super popular. We have the goth look and cool mystery girl aura all in check and we always hang out. Its like the vampire elite. Minerva is 14 and so am I though she's in highschool and I'm already done with university. I skipped a lot of grades and did an online college when I was in middle school. It was kind of weird being a thirteen year old in university, no-one took me seriously. Minni and I have been bestfriends since kindergarten and it wasn't until I was 10 I realized she was a vampire too. I caught her feeding off the class pet behind a dumpster and so we came to be.

Now Valerie is this girl that wants to be us. She dyed her hair blonde to mach ours and she got a nose job cause Minerva and I have the same nose. Now she's gone to stalking us and calling Minerva every five seconds cause she stupidly gave Valerie her number and she's thinking of changing her name to a goddesses name like ours. All vampires have a greek or a god or Goddesses name.

"So party at Matt's place you coming ?," I shook my head when she rubbed her shoulder against mine.

"There'll be a lot of guys," and by that she means a lot of guys to feed on.

"No can do. Remember Matt is Valerie's cousin so she'll be there breathing down our necks the whole time," she face palmed and her face dropped in realization that Valerie was going to be there. There are people we cant associate with if they know Valerie and Matt is one of these people. Sparing a glance at my watch I checked the time.

"Um Minerva don't you have work now?"

"Shit," she cried. Searching through her bag for her car keys.

"Come with me?," she asked pouting. I nodded and laughed as she pulled my hand vigorously to the car park where her red 2012 Lamborghini Aventador.

She pressed the unlock button on the car key and the car opened. I jumped of the car door and entered her car making sure my basel booties left a mark on her seats just like she did to my car. The car roared to life as she drove above the speed limit but it probably won't matter since I could use one of my vampire gifts, the most common gift, and make them let us go for free. I won't lie I've done that many times at the toll gate.

The familiar sign came up ahead and I knew we were here. Mel's Pizzeria. The only pizza place in Ashburn. Courtney's Dough doesn't realy count as a pizza place cause they only have one type. Vegetarian and it is not the good kind. Minerva works in the mall behind it. All those legends you heard about vampires well I'm here to tell you the truth. Vampires infact do eat food but it doesn't taste like it would to a human and no we don't burn under sunlight or shimmer in it, it irritates the skin but we don't burn also yes we do live forever. The only way we can die is by snapping our heads of and burnibg our hole body to ash. That's preety much all I know about vampire. Minerva's parents refuse to tell us more and so does my dad. We honestly don't know why they're hiding the vampire world from us.

"Here we are get down," said an annoyed looking Minerva starring at a zoned out looking me.

"Oh sorry, " I jumped down and stood up from the ground while adjusting my cream coloured Crotchet sleeved asymmetrical top which seems to have gone up.

We walked through the gate giving our ID cards to show the security man. He let us through. We walked past the creepy bakers man and reached the front door of the Pizzeria. The door man opened up the doors for us and we thanked him with a tip and continued walking through hall till we reached a brown door which was the back door of the store that led to the mall. We opened the door and took in the wretched smell. Between the mall and the pizzeria there's a sea way port and it stinks. It smells of rotten eggs and women's perfume. We passed the gutter and reached the front gates of the mall and pushed it open.

We walked passed the mal parking lot and passed security unseen and walked to 'Lesotho Spunk' a clothing store. dont ask what it means cause I dont know and I don't think the workers here know what it means. Anyway we were greeted by staff members as we walked passed them and we smiled back to them.

The staff consisted of Midge, a university student who was I'n high school when I finished university. I've never realy talked to her but I do know that she is a university chick magnet. A mini older me.

"I'm just gonna go change and I'll be out, " I nodded and headed to seat at my usual place at the always vacant bench next to the window to see it filled by a man army. Well there are only realy 12 guys seated there and they were... all staring at me. I turned back and took a different seat infront of them. I picked up a magazine but I can still feel them staring at me it's burning through my neck. I turned around going to attempt to tell them off. Yes I'm only fourteen but I have rights as a lady. This is America, a free country. Once I looked back my nose came in contact with a wall, wait there's no wall behind me just rock hard abbs. Looking up I saw one of the guys seating at me usual place staring, or rather glaring at me.

" I'm going to need yiu to come with me," I was about to say why when he picked me up and slugged me over his shoulder. How did no-one see this. I only huffed . Wait a second, I'm a vampire I can leave whenever I want to leave but first i want to know what they want from me.

I sat down with my legs crisscrossed on the grass ground and stated at the twelve guys before me who where glaring at me. What did I do to them? I don't even know them. The guy that carried me here was the first to talk.

"What is you name? ," I kept shut. Blinking once. Twice. He seems to be growing angrier by the minute. He pulled me up roughly with his fangs out and- wait fangs. He's just like me.

"Answer me,"he yelled but something caught his attention and he started sniffing me like crazy .

"Why do you smell like King Thanatos?," who?

"Who's that?," I asked. I have never heard of a King Thanatos or a king for that matter.

"Do you know what this means?," he asked the raven haired boy behind him but he only stared In disbelief at me and whispered something I didn't quiet get.

"She's King Thanatos' mate," the man's eyes widened as he stared at me the same way the other guy did. He sharply let go of me and stepped back from me in a rugged manner. Out of shock all of them bowed their heads down.

"Forgive me your highness. I shall ask politely this time. What is your name your highness? , " he sounded almost scared to talk to me what's up with him, ?

"My name is Iris Matéu. My freind Minerva, her parents, my dad and I are the only vampires in Ashburn. You're in our territory so I'm going to have to ask you to leave," I pulled my fangs out because people don't show you any authority unless your fangs are out. They nodded but before going they handed me a piece of paper with an address on it. This place is not in Ashburn.

"Give this to your clan leader tell him It's from The royal court. Tell them you are the mate of King Thanatos, " I nodded and looked back to the address and I still can't figure out where this address is I was going to ask but when I put my head back up they'd alreadt left. Stupid vampires and they're speed. Wait I'm a vampire. I just insulted my self without knowing it and I found it funny. Duh.