fifteen

Dabi's POV:

"Wh-what?" He instantly starts shrinking in his seat. "Shit, I-I didn't mean to say that," he mumbles. "Tomura what does that mean?" Though I'm not sure I want the answer. "You can't tell anyone. At all, ever. Please promise me you won't tell anyone." I don't say anything. I have no idea what I'm supposed to say. 

I try to think about what I would want someone to say to me if we were talking about my parents. 

I would want a distraction.

"I want to come to one of your competitions." His eyes go wide. "What?" I cross my arms on the table, trying to forget that the last few seconds just happened; at least for now. "I want to come to one of your competitions," I repeat. "You know, my sister actually skates too." He smiles slightly. "Wait, really?" I nod. "Yeah, she also does competitions. She's an ice skater." He lets out a low laugh. "Yeah, the shit I do is nothing like that," he mumbles. "What's it like?" 

"It's a motherfucking blood bath." 

"Wait you-you do roller derby?" He nods. "Dude, that is so fucking cool! You have to let me watch you!" He laughs. Really laughs. And it's so damn adorable. "I will think about it," he finally says. "My sister has one coming up next week. You should totally come." He grins. "Shouldn't we get through the first date before you start planning the second one?" 

Second date. He's consiterding actually going out with me again. He's smiling and laughing and he's happy. I made him happy.

How long will it last though?

That thought alone makes me want to just...hold him. So, so badly. "Are you thinking about going to Kegio's game? And Mange's birthday?" He doesn't tense up. "I don't know, sounds like a lot of people." I roll my eyes. "You are such an introvert." He takes a sip of his coffee after muttering, "You fucking love it." I can't help but smile. "Damn right I do." And he laughs again. 

He keeps drinking and talking and he's even more interesting than I originally thought. He talks a lot about school and skating and work and it doesn't take long to realize that those few things were the only things apart of his life. He didn't do anything besides going to school, going to the rink, and going to work. It's a little sad but he seems so happy to just talk; to just have someone to talk to. So I let him talk and I listen to every word.

I tell him about my siblings; specifically Shoto. I tell him about basketball and how much I prefer playing than the praise it comes with. And surprisingly, he listens to me too. "We should probably go," Tomura says seeing me finish my drink off. "Yeah, I think the barista is checking you out and I don't know how to feel about it," I tease. "Getting possessive already?" He mocks. "Maybe." He rolls his eyes but laughs. "Come on, let's go." I set two twenties on the table and follow him outside. 

"Thank you for not treating me like shit tonight," Tomura mumbles. I softly stroke his cheek bone, only for a second. "I would never," I say firmly. He looks at me with hopefully eyes, like he actually believes me. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." This is the part where we says good bye. The part where we leave. Go home and wait by the phone for the other to text first. But we don't. We stay dead still, merely inches away from each other.

Without allowing myself to think it over, I cup his face with both of my hands. He stiffens but he doesn't push me off nor pull away. I lower myself and place a kiss gently on his. 

I slowly move my hands from his jaw to his hair. I push myself further onto him. Then he pulls away and I instantly freeze. "I-I'm sorry," he whispers, eyes clouded with guilt. "Hey, hey, it's okay." I place my hands back on his face since he seemed to be okay with this form of touching. 

"I told you I want to get to know you and I mean it." I push his pale blue hair behind his ear. "It's not for sex, remember?" He lows down and smiles. "Yeah, I remember." I softly kiss his forehead. I pull him towards me and hug him. He doesn't hesitate to return the embrace. He shoves his head in my collar bone and I bury my face in his mob of hair. We stand like that alone, in the middle of the street, in the dark, with nothing but each other's warmth.