C H A P T E R 1 3

Scotlynd Davis

Scotlynd Davis. She was truly a sight for sore eyes, her beauty lay beyond her youthful flesh. It was in her soul, embedded in her heart. Sometimes she wondered if people could see how deeply she ached, emotionally. She stared at herself in the hallway mirror, her heart beating fast like it was taking its final pumps, straining for that blood flow. Scotlynd lifted her hand and ran it through her new hair that now grazed her shoulder bones. Blowing a sharp breath she tightened her hand around her duffle bag and trotted forward.

"Oh shit," Harmony coughed trying to cover her mouth that was lined with fresh crumbs. "Okay, sexy! I told you Twyla was gon' lay yo shit. And you were scared of a little at-home hair salon. The project be having the best stylists." Harmony laughed in remembrance. Scotlynd however, mind drifted back to when she slapped her head against the sink jumping from the sounds of gunshots. The bruise was still on the side of her head. I'm doing this huh, she asked herself.

"Maybe this isn't a good idea, I'll just tell him something came up," Scotlynd said. To feel something new, to explore something deeper was direful. Sevyn was what she knew, or what she thought she knew. This was uncharted territory, her heart would be on her because she was opening Pandora's box of wrong. Scotlynd let the bag drop to the ground and followed suit onto the couch. She pulled her phone from her jacket and began to dial before Harmony snatched the phone and hopped from the couch. "Harmony, give me my phone."

"No, hell no. I'm not about to watch you sit here and sabotage this shit, because of what? Cause' you scared. Fuck yo, fear! Sevyn was comfortable because you knew him, y'all have a history I get it. Some history isn't good, and it's just that, history. That shit doesn't need to be repeated."

Scotlynd rolled her eyes. "Harmony!" Scotlynd pressed, trying to get close enough to get her phone.

"Scotlynd," Harmony mocked. "Areli said a driver should be pulling up in a couple of minutes."

"Just know when I get back apartment hunting is at the top of my list." she shot back.

Harmony's hand covered her heart and her face distorted in hurt. " Okay, too far unofficial roomie, too far."

Scotlynd looked off trying to calm her nerves, laughing at Harmony's reaction. This was deeper than Sevyn, even though he played a part. The last time she went searching to find something to combat what he had given her, she received black eyes, bust eye vessels, and bruised limbs. Sevyn may have not been careful with her heart, but he was careful with her.

"So what you gon' do?" Harmony asked.

Scotlynd bent and snatched her bag up and walked towards the door taking her phone that Harmony had outstretched in her hand. She gave her tight smile and placed her hand on the knob, turning it and pushing herself out before she siked herself. Her mouth felt agape seeing him step from the all-black Lamborghini Urus. She felt a pulsation in an area she wasn't sure even functioned anymore.