Chapter 3

It's been 3 days since their kiss and she's not sure where they stand. They've barely made eye contact or exchanged a word unrelated to work since his confession at the lockers.

Maybe it was better that way. Maybe it was too complicated. Too messy.

He was married and they worked together, sounds like a recipe for disaster.

It's not a good time to try to navigate what's going on between them anyways.

There's a trial coming up Fins Nephew Darius and everyone seems to be in edge.

"I can't believe they're doing this to him." Munch says as she walks into the room. She walks right past him, not saying a word or even acknowledging his existence.

Elliot walks over to her and finally speaks to her after what feels like a lifetime of subtle glances and little to no words.

"What's wrong?" He asks with a soft voice as he walks over.

She's sliding her jacket off and can't help but notice his eyes fall to the cleavage of her red shirt. "Braden knows about my brother." She shakes her head and throws her jacket over her desk. "How?" He asks and she shakes her head. "I have no idea. But Porter's ducking subpoenas and I've been looking over my shoulder." He sighs and shakes his head. "Porter?" He asks curiously. "Yeah." She responds eyes falling on her desk before back on him.

She can see the jealousy in his eyes and she feels slightly guilty because she likes it.

"I can't wait for this trial to be over. I can't think. I can't even focus on my job." Elliots eyes had fallen to her breasts multiple times during the conversation before he pivoted away and she can't help but think maybe he can't concentrate because of reasons completely unrelated to work.

Munch and Elliot get into a fight about the case-about Darius' confession being thrown out due to being questioned without a lawyer present and about Elliot blaming Fin for everything that's happened. Olivia steps in to break them up. "Hey. Had I been there I would have taken his confession without a lawyer present too. What are we gonna fight about next huh?"

Elliots eyes lock on hers for a minute but he turns away. Kathy is standing there only a few feet away. "Is everything okay?" He asks. Feeling slightly awkward standing between the woman he married and the woman he loves.

"I need to talk to you." She says and he glances at Olivia and sets a pen on his desk."Okay." He says softly, stepping backwards to allow her some room to walk through.

Olivia gives Kathy a quick nod. A silent. "Hey." But she doesn't want to see her at all. Wishes she would turn around and leave and she can't help but watch as they walk towards the same locker room he had confessed his lecherous thoughts and fantasies to her in.

He opens the door and holds it open allowing her to walk through, she steps past him "The kids alright?" He asks with a confused and concerned look on his face.

"They're fine." She says, shaking her head.

"But you're not." He asks taking a few steps closer and watching her stand there nervously at the back of the room.

"You said you wanted to work things out. You said there was nothing between the two of you.." she says softly and he grabs ahold of the metal bars of one of the bunks for a moment. "Look Kathy-" she cuts him off. "I don't care about my pride or my ego or anything else, I could  have gotten past an office flirtation, but you're having dreams about her now Elliot." Kathy says looking at the ground and then back up at him.

He swallows hard, confused and nervous eyes flickering at her.

"I heard you last night." She says and he tilts his head and squints willing her to explain.