Chapter 3 Mr. president and his elites

It was raining heavily that night, Adrienne was severely injured he's been shot in the shoulder and have been beaten up badly he felt numb that even breathing is so hard to do. It was dark and the only light was the inconsistent lightning outside, he's heartbeat crashing like the thunder rumble outside.
He could hear them scream, the glasses that breaks and the doors that slams. All he knew was that the rest of his family was safe but his mother Ariadne left alone captured. He wants to get up but he just can't he felt so weak and helpless he started to see images of his mother how wonderful she was, so good that Adrienne could hardly believe that this people attack them and no one can be called for help. He's so in range that tears start to make their way into his swollen face.

That night was like a storm that left nothing but horrible ruins in his life.

He tighten his jaws as he stared on that woman who stared back at him they were chained with questions they can't ask his heart is so loud he could hear it.

" You." Finally the woman breaks the silence between them.

He showed no emotion but his anger cannot be hidden in his blazing eyes.

" Adrienne." Another voice not far beside him. It was Dalia with her snobbish signature.

" Stephanie? " Samuel cut in.

It was four of them in that dim suffocating corridor. When she realized she knew all three of them one that break her heart, one that vaguely plays in her nightmare and one that humiliate her.

Yes she have nightmares and Adrienne was the main character she'd never met him in person but he kept her awake all those years until now she met him eye to eye.
She just don't know how to asses her situation it's so suffocating that she wished someone or something would save her from this horrible event.

Samuel on the other hand was consistently watching them she notice that Stephanie stiffened her fist, perhaps it his doctor instinct to understand body gesture he knew that this woman is about to lose consciousness as he basically experience her. Without hesitation he approach Stephanie grabbing her wrist and took her away nevermind the rest of the people he have never seen for a long time in fact this is no time for reunion.

It was a little distance from the Jordans restaurant and Stephanie finally came back to her senses.

She looked at him grateful she said " you are an answered prayer." And sigh
" What happened back there? " He asked but instead of answering she dodge the question.
" I heard your voice so I went out and the man... I don't know him." " She said shaking her head. Baffled, how can her nightmare mold someone so real. Is she hallucinating?
Samuel did not believe her though but agreed.
She faced him concerned she asked " how do I look?" Not that she meant that.
Samuel found it funny though he laughed.
" I don't know what to say." He said shortly

Embarrassed, Stephanie shook it off. " I didn't mean that. I was talking about how do I look, you're a doctor. Do I look okay or do I look like stress or lack of sleep? Like that?" She explained hurriedly and she felt the heat in her face again. That was embarrassing not that she still liked him but probably.

He nod and agreed. " Alright, you look okay now but earlier you seem to be very aggressive or somewhat confused." He looked at her this time she did not answer she was busy breathing and he found it cute.
" The air is refreshing when you're somewhat in high places. " He said calmly and took a deep breath.

She smiled. She heard him but she doesn't want to discuss her life with someone she now consider as stranger.

In the restaurant Adrienne and Dalia settled themselves in a cozy dining room the table is full of delicious menu. They were both professional but Dalia couldn't play that role after what happened earlier.