𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 0: 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚜

Rosemont, Illinois | November 26, 2023 | Survivor Series: War Games

It was the applause that brought her back to reality. In the near two decades of her life in this very company, there was just something so vindicating to finally hold onto the title once again, for her own merits instead of the people that were around her. It wasn't for the people she was associated with, nor was it for the loyalty she had placed towards the company that had helped provided for not only herself but for her daughter that she had hoped and prayed would have everything that she could ever want in her life even if she never got to experience a complete family.

In the audience, she had saw her with her mother. Parker Colton could not help but allow the tears to freely fall from her eyes the moment she had caught sight of her daughter in the front row. The beaming smile on her lips, it was the first time that Mallory had ever seen her hold onto a title, and it was one of the main titles of the company no less.

With a gentle nod, she had watched her daughter climb up the barricade and make a mad dash towards the ring. A proud smile on her face at the flawless slide she had done towards the inside of the ring. She doesn't say it much but she was all too certain of the path her daughter was about to take.

"You did it Mama!" Mallory whispered tackling her in for a tight hug.

The tears had all but fully fallen from her eyes at this point as she had hugged her daughter right back. Kissing the top of her head before wrapping the belt around her waist.

"We did it, Baby. You and me." Parker's words were shaking as all the emotions came coming out of her. "Just the two of us, Lori."

Eventually, with the both of them now being escorted backstage, she held onto her daughter's hand, her other holding onto the belt that was still wrapped around her waist.

This was her future now.

All of the emotions that came crashing down upon her as the applause has now continued on backstage for everyone to see. She smiled being wrapped in the arms of numerous of her friends and coworkers. It was the cheering from both Sami and Kevin that had her tears be replaced in laughter—those two had always and will forever have a place in her heart especially at times like this.

"Mama's whooped ass, Mal." Sami pointed out.

"Language, Sebei." Parker muttered playfully looking at her daughter that was still catching up on all the chaos of the backstage. "My kid's already dysfunctional as it is, don't add to the madness."

"That's no one's fault but your own." Kevin pointed out.

"And Punk's." Sami added earning a glare from both Parker and Kevin. "What? It's true."

She rolled her eyes and continued to ignore Sami's stupidity and her death sentence had anyone else been bold enough to acknowledge the name. Of all the things she did not want to deal with was her association with the man that was and will forever be banned from this very company.

"I'm heading to the lockers, good luck on your match you two. I'll be watching and laughing backstage." Parker teased fist bumping the two before bringing her daughter along with her to her locker room.

She had a few minutes to clean herself up before she was set for an interview. Wiping away the sweat of tonight's events, she had watched her daughter pull the belt off and simply stare at it. It was bliss and pure, unadulterated amazement for a belt that meant so much to Parker since she had started her dream of wrestling.

Parker heard her phone pinged over and over and without thinking twice had opened her phone from her gym bag. Her eyes took a second to see the array of messages that came flooding in.

But amongst the text from her friends that were all in the same building as her, one text stood out the most.

'I know shit went down on AEW and I know I told you I'm taking a step back. But I thought I'd come back here just for you and Lori.'

Of all the things, of all the situation she could find herself getting into, the arrival of her ex and the father of her daughter who had sworn never to ever step foot in the premise anything related to WWE, was here and giving her a heads up, something that was just far too late after all was said and done.

Fucking Phil Brooks.