P5 - Chapter Forty-one

Comenzar desde el principio

"You will be fine," Thorn insisted. She added in a low whisper, "Plus, I think she has a teeny crush on you."

Deathbringer's eyes widened in horror as Sunny and I smothered a laugh.

"I am begging you," he said.

"Have fun!" Thorn called before closing and locking the door behind her. "Our ride should be here any second now."

"Why not just drive there ourselves..." I started to say but trailed off when a car backed into the driveway. I assumed it was an Uber since I had never seen it before, but the following events changed that thought process.

Thorn walked over to the driver's side and the window slowly descended.

"Hi, babe," she said, gently kissing the man that appeared from the window.

I raised my eyebrows and glanced at Sunny. Her face was a mixture of confusion and a sign that indicated she was a little weirded out.

I dared a glance at Qibli and saw nothing but an annoyed expression that had hints of anger and protectiveness.

"Smolder, do me a favor and get out of the car," Thorn ordered, sending him a slightly crossed look.

"Alright, alright," the man's voice as Thorn backed away and gave him room to push open the door. The man who appeared from the car was rather tall. His hair was in between the color bronze and gold, and he had a pleasant grin on his face.

Thorn beckoned to Sunny. "This is my daughter, Sunny, and this is my son, Qibli." She introduced her kids happily. I gave a teeny wave.

"I'm Moon," I said awkwardly. "Qibli's girlfriend."

"Kids, this is Smolder," Thorn said.

"It is an honor to meet you," Smolder greeted, shaking Sunny's hand, my hand, and then attempting to shake Qibli's hand, but ultimately failing and getting a glare from him instead.

Thorn frowned. "And Qibli will try very hard to be on his best behavior and he will be kind and respectful because he is well aware of how much this means to me, so he will try to get along with Smolder, right, Qibli?"

"Right," Qibli muttered, keeping his glare on Smolder firm, but Smolder sent him a welcoming grin anyway.

"Congrats," Sunny said to Smolder, making an attempt to be welcoming to a person she had never met before.

"Thank you," Smolder said, transferring his grin to her. "So, baby clothes shopping, huh? I'm pretty excited if I'm being honest. First time."

"Speaking of which," Thorn hurried, "we should probably start going, right? Yes, let's go. Everyone in the car, now."

"*"

The car ride there was very uncomfortable. The tension in the air could not be missed, but despite this, Thorn tried to spark a conversation, yet she was not successful.

The store we went to was very homely, and as we entered, gentle music was playing in the background. Not too many people were in there, so it was pretty peaceful.

"They have the best baby clothes," Thorn was saying, trying to be the optimistic one. "Miniature socks, shoes, onesies, and so much more. Remember, we're thinking neutral."

We searched the shop for a moment before we finally found a secluded spot that had everything we needed. Sunny and I found a cute pair of shoes that were grey and had hints of black in them. We also found matching socks and a onesie that said, "Mommy's Favorite" on it.