Chapter-8-The Apartment

Alex' POV
It hurt.
It hurt bad.
He knows that that we're mated. But he refuses, and I don't know what to do.
After a long day at school I go back to my apartment. My crusty old apartment. As I begin to enter, Bob, a homeless man walks up to me.

"Let me stay with you PLEASE!" He shouts."Me and my daughter need somewhere to stay."

I look around.
No one in sight. It's just me and him. Wow déjà vu. But this man is not River. No one can replace River.

"So can we stay with you?"
"Listen Bob, there is no one else with you so FUCK OFF!"

I run inside and slam the door.
As I open the door to my apartment my buzzer rings. Who comes over now? My family is off fighting the Rogues. I knew I should have gone but I'm the only one in my family who hasn't found a mate. I was desperate. I guess that doesn't matter anymore. I found him, but he doesn't care.

"If this is you Bob go back to where you came from!" I shout.
"Who the fuck is Bob? It's River."
My heart stops. Why the hell is he here?
"Why are you here River?" I spit out his name as if it was venom.
"Hey look I'm sorry. Just let me in?" Wow, what a gentleman. Eye roll.
"Fine."

I buzz him in.

As I hear a knock on my door a few minutes later I prepare myself for the worst. He going to officially reject me. I'm going to die.
I open the door.

"Hey."
"Again, what do you want River? I don't have time for your-"

He cuts me off by his lips, and we head towards the bedroom.