Chapter 12

I opened the door to step inside and I didn't even get into the kitchen before I heard my dad come up from behind me. He grabbed my hair and yanked it back to where I was looking at him upside down. Lowering his face down close to mine, I could smell the strong alcohol on his breathe and smoke on his clothes. He pulled me over to the stove and did something. A minute later he held a big pot over me. Slowly tipping it over the hot,boiling water. Making is slide down my face and body,making me scream. Soon as he stopped I got up and ran to the hospital,shaking and crying. Going through the automatic doors I see nurses running around and as soon as I stepped in one looked at me and gasped.

"Honey come with me quikly" ,she grabbed my hang and I tried my hardest not to cry more and hurried with her. She brought me to the emergency room and then came all the questions,the part I hate.

"Now tell me what happened",she asked looking at me in the eye with a clipboard and pen in her hand.

"I went to boil some water for carpet dye and I tripped and actsidently gabbed onto the pot of boiling water,making it pour over me", I lied, she nodded her head then examined me,then left the room. A few moments later she walked in also holding something.

"You have third-degree burns so you will have to put this creme on it till it's gone to take away the pain,but I'm sorry the marks are going to stay since they are so bad",she explained and I slowly got up shaking my head leaving,whispering a small thank you and headed home. Slowly walking into my room and putting some creme on before I went to bed.