.5

Delilah:

"Alright, everyone. Take a seat please." Mr. Cullen instructed after the bell rung. Slowly, but surely, people took their seats waiting for him to begin.

"Thank you. As we jump into our new unit..." His voiced drowned in my thoughts.

I paid attention to anything but him. Advanced Chemistry just wasn't my thing anymore.

I gazed out the window watching a bird settle down on a nearby tree. Watching her slowly fall asleep was more fun then listening to Mr. Cullen.

I glanced back just in time to see him take a look around the room. Before his eyes landed on me i picked up my pencil and doodled scribbles on my paper to make it seem like I was taking notes.

Pleased, Mr. Cullen continued. Only after at least another half hour the bell rung signaling our release.

I gathered my things and left, just as everyone else had. Once in the hallway I sighed. I truly disliked the after school chatter where kids stood around talking with friends until they decided they had something cooler to do.

I pushed and shoved my way to my locker grabbing all the books I needed for homework. As I pulled the locker door open someone bumped into me from behind pushing me against the locker.

"Watch it." I grunted.

"I'm sorry. My fault." The person said. I focused on opening my locker.

"You're right, it was." I ground out. I glanced behind me to see if the person was still there.

Nope, long gone. I grabbed my needed books and walked outside. To any normal person it looked like a nice warm day to stay outside and hang around. To me it looked like I would be sweating a whole lot by the time I got home.

At 2:30pm, I walked into my house.

"Del, is that you?" Mum called.

"Yeah, it's me." I huffed, throwing off my bag.

"Could you pull your dad from his study?" She asked.

"Sure." I muttered. I dragged my bag along with me to dad's office. I knocked twice.

"Come in." Dad's rough voice called. I twisted the knob before pushing open the heavy door.

"Hey kiddo. How was school?" Dad asked, briefly looking up at me.

"The same, dad. It always is."

"Well, you never know. It could change one day, right? You could meet people, make friends." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, sure, dad. Mum wants you in the kitchen I'm going upstairs to start on my homework."

"Alright, thanks."

I turned on my heel making a beeline for my room. I dropped my bag, plopping down on my bed. I hadn't actually planned on doing my homework until after dinner, I just didn't want dad to worry.

That's all either of my parents did these days. Worry. About me. They didn't believe I'd ever be the same. But honestly, isn't change supposed to be good?

Isn't it?

|| end ||

[this chapter is totally not important, I just dislike starting the story right away. feel free to skip on, i won't be offended.]

-gg