Act 26 - She's going to abandon me.

Normal text
Thinking
Onomatopoeia

Ahri's POV
"Stay still."

"No!" Asta retorted while furiously tugging at the lashers tying her to the bed.

The past 15 minutes have been EXTREMELY annoying. Especially when the naughty little deer was being particularly uncooperative, refusing to let me treat her wounds. No amount of coaxing could get her to relax. In fact, her horrified expression clearly told me she'd rather die from blood loss than touch me with a ten-foot pole. And somehow, Eve got a special pass to touch her... when she obviously didn't have a single clue about taking care of another living soul! I was thoroughly ticked off. Why was she suddenly so attached to that horny succubus??? What the hell did they do behind my back???

Does she like her???

Watching her struggle in vain, an inexplicable sense of crisis flared up and before I knew it, I had already blurted out the burning question, "What's your relationship with her???"

"What do you think, foxy? Of course we took the opportunity to bond through body and mind~" Eve purred smugly.

... I was the one who did that! Not you!

As she said this, her presumptuous lashers caressed Asta's cheeks. Right. In front. Of. My face! The drawl at the end of her words was particularly sensual, emphasising on the word 'body'. It's not too difficult to guess what her suggestive tone was implying. I glared daggers at her, suddenly having the urge to rake my claws across this harlot's face. It's far too pretty for her own good! Nothing good ever happens with that face! That frivolous hoe would only go around seducing others!

"Can you two stop arguing???" Asta hissed, still trying to pull loose from her restraints, "before I die of blood loss, my head is going to explode first."

I huffed angrily, "Then tell me. What's your relationship with this hoe?!"

The dense girl only blinked in confusion, "What other relationship could we have??? We're tenants."

"... T-Then what about this 'b-bonding through body and mind' shit?!"

Asta raised an eyebrow, "I think that's just her way of saying we had a heartfelt chat? We humans have that kind of saying."

... Really???

She shrugged, "I mean, we did talk about existential crises yesterday. So I guess it's sort of profound? I don't know."

I nearly choked on my saliva. I might not be a human but to hell with this 'heartfelt chat' bullshit! It has nothing to do with that! As if this hoe could engage in any forms of passionate chats outside her bed! I stared at the silly deer in disbelief. Her eyes were blinking adorably, the alluring face clearly showing she hadn't the faintest idea on what Eve was actually talking about. In fact, I could absolutely see the ghostly image of her real face overlapping with that of her disguise. The grown-up version of the naive crybaby. And it was cute. So cute that it became illegally arousing...

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I licked my dry lips. She really hasn't changed. Even after all these years. Granted, she's a little insane now, but inside, Asta's still an innocent baby. Too simple-minded to understand the seductiveness of her beauty. Even if she's hiding behind a mask now, her charisma and charm was one that would undoubtedly attract flies. It was the only reason why her classmates still remained friendly even after she showed such... disturbing hobbies. Knowing that the obtuse girl was too emotionally-slow to fall for Eve's cheap tricks, I heaved a sigh of relief.

There was a deep chuckle as the annoying hoe mused, "My, my. I didn't think you'd be a dense wood block, Luna. You're smart but... not so smart at the same time. How mind-boggling~"