Chapter 12: Meet Mrs. and Mr. Pride, My new second parents

Recap:

We sat in a booth and I looked at Jake he had something on his mind and I wanted to know what was occupying his thoughts....

****

"Kristen?" He began,

"mhh-hmm," was my overly smart reply.

"We need to work out this mate thing; I want to know what is going on in your head." He said. I began to look anywhere but at him. I looked at the other seven customers in the shop, one was an old couple holding hands while eating ice cream, another was of two young adults, probably newly-weds, and the last was of a pretty little girl with brown curls probably four with her father and Mother they were playing eye-spy. Was the whole world against me? Yes, yes it was, all of it. So I just looked back at Jake.

"Well, we can officially date when I turn sixteen, and if you really want to go into detail, if we really like each other and think we can get through everything, we can get engaged when I'm eighteen, and married soon after if that's not what you wanted to hear, because it sounds too fast to me-"I was babbling but Jake cut me off with his lips.

"It sounds just right to me." He said breaking the Kiss, than restarting it. That was one of the sweetest things ever said to me. Ever, and the kiss was so tender and passionate, I loved it.

I only pulled away when someone cleared their throat. I looked around and saw it was the elderly lady in the shop that was with the old man. She was standing right in front of us.

"May I say that you to look like an adorable couple, just like Jerry and I when we first came here for our first date, the day we got engaged, and we came here the day we were married, this is our anniversary, and never have I seen a couple that looks more like Jerry and I," The old lady said, Jerry grunted.

"Shelia, these kids don't want to hear how cute they are, they want to eat the damn ice cream and leave," He said with a smile. Shelia nudged him on the shoulder and said, "Yup same old Jerry, I fell in love with." She looked at us and smiled than something came across her face,

"Oh, I am sorry! My name is Shelia Pride and this man is my husband, Jerry Pride," She said as she beamed at him.

"My name is Jake Shaw, and this is Kristen Pierce," Jake said in a smooth and low voice. Immediately Shelia and Jerry froze.

"I am so sorry Alpha Shaw, I didn't know, you see we didn't go to the meeting and didn't know what you or Kristen looked like, we found out we had a new alpha when you walked in," Jerry said in a hushed tone.

"That's all right; in fact I didn't know I would be alpha until John told everyone else." Jake and Jerry went into their own conversation as I went into a conversation with Shelia.

"Happy anniversary to you Mrs. Pride, how long have you been married?" I began

"Only forty-seven years, child, only forty-seven very short years. I met Jerry when I moved here; I was a werewolf and was changing packs because my father wanted me to mate with his best friend's son that I had never met. I didn't really change packs, I ran away, I came to this town and joined the Qay pack and ran into Jerry at a meeting. We were true mates, and we both knew it. He courted me, than asked me to marry him. I said I would have to get him approved by my father and told him it would be hard because my father wanted me to mate a man I didn't know so he probably would not like Jerry. It turns out Jerry was the man I was supposed to mate. We all laugh over it know, and I tell my dad I love him for picking the best mate, every time I visit his grave." I big tear rolled down her face and I comforted her by telling her it was a very good coincidence.

We talked for an hour with Jerry and Shelia, and learned that they had one son that died in a pack fight, and never had any other children. I felt very bad for them, because they had no one to call their children or have over for a Sunday lunch so without thinking I said,

"If you want I will visit you every Sunday and we can go out to eat, and get to know one another, and when I have kids you can be the third set of grandparents, so you have grandkids." The words were already out of my mouth and they were so cheesy.

Shelia's eyes filled with tears as she hugged me, "You have no idea of how bad I want grand kids, I would love it so to have another child, you don't know me but yet you feel so much compassion that you would be willing to be our make-shift daughter, thank you, Thank you so much, I would love that." She hugged me tighter and said, "You are an answer to my prayers, every one of them."

My eyes filled with tears and I hugged her back, Jerry just looked at his wife smiling, after forty-seven years he still loved his wife like he had nothing to lose. The only thing he had to lose was her, and he would die before that happened.

We left the ice cream place and got into Jake's big bad boy. While in the truck Jake just looked at me with admiration it was getting a little creepy...

"Jake why are you starring?" I inquired.

"Do you know how amazing you are? Do you know that you just made that couples day? You are perfect and I am in awe. How could there be a better person on this planet than you?" He said as he leaned in and kissed me. I blushed and he added, "So humble, you don't even think that what you did back there was anything because you do that sort of thing all the time. You are so perfect, I can't even explain how I feel about you, but it just tripled. Do you know what Jerry told me? He said you were a keeper because you reminded him of Shelia, and he said anyone like Shelia was the best you could hope for." He kissed me again than pulled away and let the truck roar to life. I loved that sound. And so we started driving to my house to watch a movie.

We got home and it was five p.m. so I put in Princess and the frog.

Jake groaned, "No way am I watching that." He said

"It's either watch this, or Go into a fight whether Jacob Black is hotter than Edward Cullen. I personally think Edward in Twilight and Jacob in the rest because Edward got creepy to me." I said teasing him.

"Lord save me!" He cried than snapped out of it, "You have your own Jacob right here and he actually is a werewolf." He said as he sat on the couch, "But you win, the movie you pick it is." He patted the seat next to him as I put in the movie.

After an hour of watching I dozed off and when I awoke it was seven thirty p.m. and Jake was snuggled up against me keeping me warm, my dad was sitting in the arm chair looking pissed as he starred at us.

"Hey dad." I said making him jump and Jake sit up in alarm.

"What do you think you're doing young lady?" My dad said.

I looked at Jake for help so Jake started talking, "I am sorry sir, she went to a brunch with Hannah, and some guy tried to kiss her and probably something more, I punched him, and took her here because she told me to take her here than she didn't want me to leave because she didn't want that guy to come back." He said in a dead serious tone. My dad Humphed.

"All right, thank you," My dad began

"Jake," Jake said.

"Thank you Jake for taking care of my daughter. May I talk to you a minute?" He said. Oh-No not this talk. Sorry Jake.

Jake nodded and the both left the room. My father came back five minutes later with Jake at his side they were both laughing.

"This one's a keeper, Kristen." My father winked at me. Did my father just tell me he liked a guy a was going to date? DID HE JUST WINK AT ME?? Whoa! Did not see that coming. I nodded and blushed. They both laughed harder.

"I invited him to dinner if that's all right with you, Kristen?" He said. I nodded again. This day was strange. I had to mark it in history.

We had dinner that mom made; it was as delicious as ever! Jake and Paul got along fine and so did Jake and my parents. I guess Jake is easy to get along with, but I still had some questions for him before he went home.