Ch 5: Playtime with Clara!

Start from the beginning

"I think..." Clara put a finger to her chin before gasping, her face light up so much it nearly blinded Iruma and Asmodeus "Oh! Eriri! We gotta find her! It's been a while and she must be able to play now!"

The overly energetic girl rushed off, leaving a cloud of dust in her wake.

"I don't suppose you plan on following her Iruma-sama?" Asmodeus was trying to seem composed but he clearly seemed a bit grumpy, not wanting to spend more time around Clara.

Iruma didn't even need to answer before Clara had come running back and grabbed Iruma's hand, and then ran. Asmodeus being the loyal servant he was of course had to follow.

___

That demon has the book I want...

Erica angrily glared at the demon from behind a bookshelf

Erica angrily glared at the demon from behind a bookshelf. Of all the books he could have picked he just so happened to grab: 'Netherworld Basics: A Complete Guide to Demonhood Volume 1: Everything you need to know about Netherworld Customs and Dangers'

A mouthful of a title, yes, but it included everything she may need to fit in the netherworld. Customs and such for herself and dangers to beware of so she can better protect Iruma. The full package.

She felt irritated at the demon skimming through the pages and then walking away with the book. She was normally a ride or die believer of 'the early bird gets the worm' or whatever that deceased soul had told her in the archives when they took the book she wanted all those years ago but come on!

This thing was a demon who knew nothing but the netherworld, She was an angel who only ever resided in the overworld and heaven. Between the two of them the one who deserved that book more was pretty obvious. But she was patient. It was fine. She could always just find another book to check out. She could always wait after all.

I feel like I'm getting a strange sense of deja vu-

She felt two hands grasping at her shoulder.

Hm, would you look at that.

And she was dragged away. Might as well play along here.

"Hey Clara."

"Hiya Eriri!" Clara chirped back

"Impressive, I never thought you could be so stealthy. Where are we going?" Erica asked but Clara only giggled at the praise she was given and hummed something about playmates and... Messy divorces?

"And we're here!" Clara called out.

"The hallway?"

"Iruma-chi! Azz-Azz! I found her!"

Erica turned fer face from the green haired demon to see Asmodeus and Iruma. Her heart did a weird thing again when she saw him. She didn't actively perceive him when he approached the library with the other two. Maybe it was because of the more limiting perception from her new body, perhaps it was that she was too busy with a side mission.