Learn how to ACT and SPARE, idiot

*This is in the dark world. The light nerds are on an adventure. As usual. Just walking through forests they had never seen before. Kris of course marked each location on their PDA.

"What the fuck is that sound?!" Susie said as she began to prepare her ax, because she heard a strange, unfamiliar sound.

Berdly whipped out his halberd.

"Don't worry, Susan! I'll protect you!!" Berdly stated in the most obnoxious way ever.

Susie just rolled her eyes. Kris was understandably annoyed. Noelle looked as if she was going to make some bluebird nuggets. Crystal just cringed, and sighed as she shook her head in annoyance. Ralsei tried to look worried but his cringing slipped through.

The thing that was making the weird noise jumped out of a bush. It looked really weird. A cross between a spider and a cat. Kris's soulless eyes just lit up when they saw it. They looked to Ralsei.

"Can we keep it?" Kris asked with the brightest and cutest look they had ever given to Ralsei.

"You do already have a lot of....okay it's hard to say no to a face that cute." Ralsei replied.

"Mhm. That's why I'm using it!" Kris said.

"Okay, okay. But you gotta show me that you can still act and spare." Ralsei said.

"FUCK YES!" Kris nearly yelled.

Berdly didn't listen to the whole interaction. He found a good opening to attack, and Kris saw that. Kris proceeded to block Berdly's attack by summoning their shield.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I COULD HAVE KILLED IT!!" Berdly shouted at Kris.

"I HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE THAT HAS LESS BLOODSHED!!" Kris shouted right back. "DID YOU NOT LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION BETWEEN RALSEI AND I?!"

"WE CAN ONLY GET THINGS OUT OF THE WAY WITH VIOLENCE!! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN 'ALTERNATIVE'?!" Berdly yelled absolutely annoyingly.

Kris just looked at the team.

"Should I...should I teach him how to act and spare?" Kris asked.

"Yes." Crystal, Noelle, Susie, and Ralsei said in perfect unison.

"Okay, listen up, birdbrain. You're about to learn something. And take fucking notes. You have proven your stupidity." Kris said. "Watch and learn."

Kris approached the cat-spider thing. Did I mention it's massive?

"Come here you sweet little baby..." Kris said, using the baby voice. "Pspspspsps..."

The cat-spider approached them. Kris proceeded to remove their glove, and started scratching the cat. In a way that you would your dog. Lightly, and in a soothing way.

"Oh yeah. That's it. Yes...yes...yes!!! Oh look at you! Awww!! Your twenty-seven different eyes! Awwww!! You're so cute!! Yes!!" Kris said, still using the baby voice.

The cat-spider laid down, purring. Kris proceeded to spare it, and sent it to the castle town.

"Now that's how it's done." Kris stated.

"So you just use the baby voice?" Berdly asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Berdly. I am very close to having that cat come back and pissing all over you." Kris said, resisting the urge to beat his ass. "You just- oh my god.,.SUSIE, CRYSTAL, RALSEI, AND NOELLE LEARNED HOW TO ACT...IN THE HEAT OF A BATTLE."

"Oh. Can they teach me how?" Berdly asked.

Kris just slipped their glove back on.

"Let's keep going." Kris said, just not having it.

The six continued walking.

Another weird beast jumped out at them. Naturally, Berdly screamed because it was sort of a jumpscare.

Everyone just looked at Berdly.

"Really?" Kris said, annoyed. They smacked Berdly on the back of the head.

"OW!! Is that titanium on your glove?" Berdly said, rubbing the back of his head, because that hurt.

"Yes. Now pay attention. Like actually pay attention." Kris muttered.

This beast looked weird. Like a cross between a cougar and a deer. As much as Kris kind of wanted to keep it, they noticed it had a family.

Kris decided to see what they could do to spare it.
Options being:
Check
Play
Teach 🐦

Kris obviously chose to teach Berdly how this works, with the help of this beast. It proved to make Kris think they're going to have an aneurysm. Berdly found himself in the situation of "doing math homework with dad". Berdly being the kid who is sitting there crying, and Kris being the dad yelling about it.

"BERDLY ITS NOT THAT FUCKING HARD!!" Kris yelled, annoyed enough to just straight up kill Berdly.

"I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING!!" Berdly cried.

Kris took a deep breath.

"Let's try another approach. I was once in a battle where I had to act in order to win. Ralsei, Susie, you remember that thing. It looked pretty funny. Now, Berdly, we are in a similar situation. This one's got a family." Kris said CALMLY. Kris proceeds to take Berdly's halberd.

"Wha- HEY GIVE THAT BACK!" Berdly yelled.

"Not until you learn to act." Kris said, handing it over to Ralsei. Kris gave Ralsei a little peck on the cheek and his face went bright pink.

After two hours of acting and sparing beasts, Berdly finally got it.

"Oh so that's how I'm supposed to do it." Berdly said.

Berdly learned B-Action.

"Yes. That is how you're supposed to do it." Kris stated. They gave the halberd back.

"YES! I GOT IT BACK!" Berdly yelled out of happiness.

"I'm going to go sit down for a bit. My head hurts." Kris said. They then went into another area and just laid down. Ralsei followed, and used a healing spell.

Kris just needed a nap. They were doing this on two hours of sleep. They laid up against Ralsei and nodded off.

"Oh...you needed to take a nap...that's reasonable." Ralsei mumbled. He proceeded to pick them up and is now carrying them with his scarf. Crystal understood the assignment to take over being the team leader for a bit.

About an hour later, Kris woke up, and got right back to what they were doing.

To be continued...