May We Meet Again Some Day

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I... I had a gut feeling I should have been home earlier but... I thought I was just... I thought I was overthinking it." I tell them.

"It's ok, she knew you'd come home but... she didn't want you to see her like that." She tells me and I nod.

"Of course, not... they never want me to." I say quietly and I get up.

"AJ." She says and I shake my head.

"It's fine... I swear it's fine, I get it... I honestly would have never wanted them to see me like that if I was in their situation." I tell her truthfully. When everything was done, they let us in the back and I saw a bunch of flowers on both Clem and Violet's grave and I feel my chest hurt. I didn't know my real parents but the stories I was told I knew they would have loved me. Clementine and Violet were my parents, my mom's. They took care of me, and tried to teach me. I still remember what they taught me. who could forget those lessons.

"Anything you want to say?" I hear and I take a breath and I think.

"Clem... I have known Clementine for a very long time, since I was literally born in this type of world... yeah we had our arguments here and there, Yeah I fucked up a lot but she was there to help me understand why I messed up and how to improve... she's.... one of the best moms I had... and... I'm going to miss her... I know we all are going to miss her." I say and everyone agreed. Everyone else got a say and when we finished Omar went to cooking. It was a sad day for everyone in this group.

-Present Day-

I look to the cross with Clementine's name on it and next to it was Violet's cross. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked to the side a bit.

"They said you fell asleep... did you feel anything? Did you come back? They didn't tell me... this place got too depressing and then... Ruby and Aasim passed on... Omar... and last Minerva... are you all together again?" I asked as I looked back to the cross and I take a deep breath.

"I hope so... I hope... I hope that heaven is real... and that you're all there... back at the farm... when we were all just happy." I say and I feel a hand on my shoulder and I look to see Liz as she looked to the graves.

"Fucking hell." I mutter and moved away.

"AJ." She says and I look to her.

"You know... life liked to throw us a curveball?" I asked her and she looked to me.

"Yes." She says and I chuckled.

"Ma and Mom... they tried... Mom... was so little when she took care of me, that I thought I had to help take care of her when I was little... and Ma... to this day I still blame myself for what happened to her... that I failed her, that it was my fault she was broken because of Joan... that I should have said something too when Luke decided to say what he did.... That I am a failure of a son." I tell her and she hugged me.

"You're not, AJ I know I wasn't with you guys for long but... I saw the happy moments; I saw the good and the bad... my old group didn't care whether a little girl died or was abandoned... but your parents... They were so nice to me, even though I could have been a threat." She says and I laughed a bit and rubbed her head and she looked to me.

"You still could be, I got my eye on you sis." I say and she punched me and we both end up laughing.

"AJ, you did what you could, they did what they could, just.... Remember the good times." She tells me and I nod.

"Same to you." I tell her as we walk to the gate and I look to it.

"Still can't believe you were able to make this sign." She says and we look to the metal plaque I made.